Dragonball z ceramic design (1 Viewer)

caines

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I would like some feedback on this chip design before I get them mass produced.

Attachments

• 24FF4415-F5BC-4033-84A9-0165073C080A.jpeg
    24FF4415-F5BC-4033-84A9-0165073C080A.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 208
  • 8F055AFD-7665-48C1-A16F-C98B588C459B.jpeg
    8F055AFD-7665-48C1-A16F-C98B588C459B.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 200
  • 9A259B6B-16E2-4354-9818-32CA967B5EF9.jpeg
    9A259B6B-16E2-4354-9818-32CA967B5EF9.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 143
  • E200A38A-DDE5-40C3-B1A3-F6136FD5AD74.jpeg
    E200A38A-DDE5-40C3-B1A3-F6136FD5AD74.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 130
  • AE4CDCEB-2B1F-4B48-8181-CC6B91C9479C.jpeg
    AE4CDCEB-2B1F-4B48-8181-CC6B91C9479C.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 140
  • 8BA8F127-D310-41BD-B1AA-E7C6CFEF85A1.jpeg
    8BA8F127-D310-41BD-B1AA-E7C6CFEF85A1.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 197
Welcome to the forum, I would echo the same message as @allforcharity

One caveat, and if this is confusing at all or you don't understand why I'm suggesting it, please disregard it - depending on how you plan to sell or use the set, I would keep a small amount of $2, again I would not put them in play very often, or at all depending on how seasoned your group is.

You might also give us more information on what you intend to do with these? Is this a small set for yourself or do you plan to offer them as a vendor? You said mass produced, if you plan to resell them you might look into if you need licensing to do so.

The Straddle button is cool, but not needed, a straddle would be apparent, although crazy would toss it in the pot and then who ever has it would get to use it, then go into the pot, that might be interesting. I think it would end up being saved until the end of the game by one of the players that won it and didn't want it in.

The text is difficult to read on a few of the light chips, consider using black text on yellow and maybe the light blue.

What is the intent with the 'double up' button?

The 1 and the 100 will have dirty stack issues, you should change the color of the 100 to white imo

Last edited:
I originally got them designed for home games. I no longer felt comfortable using stock store bought chips that are readily available. Since more new comers have been showing up to said home games. The thought of selling them hadn’t crossed my mind. Seems like a lot of work. The reason for adding the $2 and $500 chip is just in case my current home games of $1-$2 eventually switched to $2-$5.

But I had the designer create a design with my branding on it & and one without it. the sample pics of actual chips have the branding. The pic of the design is without the branding. In case someone else wanted to use the design and add their own branding.

In regards for tournament chips I got the designer to create a second set of more basic & personal design for that use.

In regards to the straddle chip. Back in the day we had an automatic straddle chip that was valued at $4 that was thrown in the pot on the first hand. Whoever won that hand got the chip and when it was there turn to straddle it was automatically used. A couple months ago we decided to just keep it in the pot as a free straddle that rotates. But a few players wanted a new chip that can be won at the start of the game that doubles the straddle when the player has it in their stack. (Straddle chip and double up chip is 43mm compared to 39mm of the other chips. So they can’t get mixed in easily as dirty stacks.) So the double up chip serves that purpose as a restraddle chip.

Very cool design. I would stick to the same character on the same chip though. Two different artworks on each side is totally fine, but you lost a bit of continuity when you mix them up. Looks very cool. I'm a big DBZ fan, but not a huge fan of ceramics. I made a table with a DBZ felt on it many years ago.

same character different forms was the original plan. But when I took a poll amongst the regular players which 7 characters they wanted to see. Outside of the common vegeta, Goku, frieza the list went all over the place. So I added a $500
Chip and mixed and matched so that everyone’s pics got included‍♂ Which also messed up my rolling edge theme of each chip represents a different star dragon ball. That I had to add a dragon to $500 chip to keep the theme going.

I have never used or felt ceramics before. So this will be a first for me. I read a few post on here and many seem to think texture is better than smooth. So that is what I will most likely go with.

Cash games
Can you be more specific? The denominations are really close, the $2, $10, and $50 of you are playing typical blinds. So not efficient. Something to think about.

But if you’re playing both $1/$2 and $2/4, then it would work.

Can you be more specific? The denominations are really close, the $2, $10, and $50 of you are playing typical blinds. So not efficient. Something to think about.

But if you’re playing both $1/$2 and $2/4, then it would work.
We currently playing $1-$2. But hoping to eventually switch to $2-$5 when everyone is more comfortable. So I got all denominations designed to cover current and future games. And will get all chips printed for that purposes. But the $100-$500 chips will be printed in much smaller quantity. Plan to print extra of each denominations to cover broken chips down the road. (An issue I currently have with my store bought chips) the average poker game there is $2000-$5000 on the table at some point in the night.

We currently playing $1-$2. But hoping to eventually switch to $2-$5 when everyone is more comfortable. So I got all denominations designed to cover current and future games. And will get all chips printed for that purposes. But the $100-$500 chips will be printed in much smaller quantity. Plan to print extra of each denominations to cover broken chips down the road. (An issue I currently have with my store bought chips) the average poker game there is $2000-$5000 on the table at some point in the night.
You can get rid of the $10 and $50 denom for $1/$2 and $2/$5, as the $5 and $25 will do the same job. Also, missed opportunity to use the zeni symbol instead of the dollar sign.
zw0ye36hid7o5evbmlcc.gif

You can get rid of the $10 and $50 denom for $1/$2 and $2/$5, as the $5 and $25 will do the same job. Also, missed opportunity to use the zeni symbol instead of the dollar sign.View attachment 906892
♂️That would of been amazing. But it’s already too late. The chips have already been made and shipped out. They should arrive in a weeks time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom