Don's in Miami soon! (1 Viewer)

Don Clay

Full House
Reaction score
Hello guys,

After 1986 and 2018, this will be my third trip in USA.

Family and I will stay a few days in July, close to Miami, in Hollywood.

We're planning visiting as many places as we can obviously, including Key West, Everglades and South Beach. Not especially beach plans though (as second part of the holidays will be in Sarasota:), where I also plan to meet some famous Pcfers :D).

Any Miami area members here willing to give me some tips, that I would never find on internet ? For example, I mean some places where I can park my car easily and for free.
Or some places not really known by tourists.
Or Blvd I should skip because of co'stqnt traffic jam.

Thank you :tup:

Screenshot_20190704_193241.jpg

Hello guys,

After 1986 and 2018, this will be my third trip in USA.

Family and I will stay a few days in July, close to Miami, in Hollywood.

We're planning visiting as many places as we can obviously, including Key West, Everglades and South Beach. Not especially beach plans though (as second part of the holidays will be in Sarasota:), where I also plan to meet some famous Pcfers :D).

Any Miami area members here willing to give me some tips, that I would never find on internet ? For example, I mean some places where I can park my car easily and for free.
Or some places not really known by tourists.
Or Blvd I should skip because of co'stqnt traffic jam.

Thank you :tup:

There's a chance I'll be in Miami the weekend of 12th to 15th, Nico. When are you arriving there?

I just think you should wear that singlet and send us all live photo updates of you wearing it at each location you visit :p

Tell everyone you are David Guetta

Ask everyone if they speak French when you are getting around, just like Americans in France asking if y’all speak English.

Well, I thought I would have to speak Spanish there :whistle: :whistling:

Not much experience going to Miami, but my wife and I stayed at The Delano at South Beach 21 years ago, sat at the table in the shallow end of the pool, watched all the models and famous people there. One of the best room services I’ve ever had.

I hope you have a great time!

Well, I thought I would have to speak Spanish there :whistle: :whistling:

I believe 65% of the population in that area is Cuban? I'm up in Tampa so won't run into you, but in my area we've got 4 poker rooms close by if you consider it next time

Tampa Hard Rock - 46 tables
Derby Lane St Pete - not sure how many tables but probably similar to hard rock
Silks Poker Room Tampa - 23 tables
Tampa Greyhound - haven't been here yet, heard it's a much smaller room, assuming 8-12 tables?

Last edited:
Not much experience going to Miami, but my wife and I stayed at The Delano at South Beach 21 years ago, sat at the table in the shallow end of the pool, watched all the models and famous people there. One of the best room services I’ve ever had.

I hope you have a great time!
Thank you very much Jeff, watching the models can have some interest, at least for me :D

I believe 65% of the population in that area is Cuban? I'm up in Tampa so won't run into you, but in my area we've got 4 poker rooms close by if you consider it next time

Tampa Hard Rock - 46 tables
Derby Lane St Pete - not sure how many tables but probably similar to hard rock
Silks Poker Room Tampa - 23 tables
Tampa Greyhound - haven't been here yet, heard it's a much smaller room, assuming 8-12 tables?
Thank you for the info Anthony, we'll be in Sarasota by the end of next week, we plan visiting Clearwater and Tampa, but no poker there unfortunately. I secretly plan to play in a local game with some all Stars members :D

That would be awesome! I will very make myself available for sure to meet you :)

Just let me know which days you will be in Sarasota. I will be out of town in Chicago at the WCB Tuesday July 16 - Sunday July 21.

Just let me know which days you will be in Sarasota. I will be out of town in Chicago at the WCB Tuesday July 16 - Sunday July 21.
We'll be there from 18th to 25th :tup:.

When I went to Miami several years ago for a bachelor party, it took us almost 2 days to realize that all the eating establishments automatically added 16% gratuity to our meals - so we were tipping on top of our tips.

Don’t know if that’s still the case (and if it only applies to larger parties), but be on the lookout for that.

I can most likely get a game together either Tuesday 7/23 or Wednesday 7/24 - just let me know which day works better for you.
As I'm heading to Orlando Thursday 25 morning, Tuesday 7/23 would be great :tup: , I have to check if Larry would be available for that evening too.

When I went to Miami several years ago for a bachelor party, it took us almost 2 days to realize that all the eating establishments automatically added 16% gratuity to our meals - so we were tipping on top of our tips.

Don’t know if that’s still the case (and if it only applies to larger parties), but be on the lookout for that.

That's extremely unusual for parties of fewer than 8...

As I'm heading to Orlando Thursday 25 morning, Tuesday 7/23 would be great :tup: , I have to check if Larry would be available for that evening too.

OK, Tuesday 7/23 it is :tup: Let me know if you prefer a cash game or tourney and mixed games or NLH. You can choose the chipset too.

Any local PCF'ers PM me for an invite - come win some @Don Clay money :bigbucks: ;)

OK, Tuesday 7/23 it is :tup: Let me know if you prefer a cash game or tourney and mixed games or NLH. You can choose the chipset too.

Any local PCF'ers PM me for an invite - come win some @Don Clay money :bigbucks: ;)
Come wirh a huge truck to get easy dollars back :whistle: :whistling: :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom