Donkwoods Poker Room (1 Viewer)

manamongkids

Full House
Reaction score
Will use this thread to show and share all the happenings at my house.

Welcome any visitors to post any stack pics or interesting photos from sessions here.

Game is held every Thursday 20 mins north of Boston, starts at 730-8pm. Usually go until 1230-1am

$1/$1 NLHE. $40min/$300max buyin.

Free beer and drinks, Bad beat jackpot in play

Last edited:
IMG_4306.JPG
IMG_4307.JPG
IMG_4278.JPG
IMG_4273.JPG
IMG_4246.JPG
IMG_4204.PNG

Welcome any visitors to post any stack pics or interesting photos from sessions here.

Game is held every Thursday 20 mins north of Boston, starts at 730-8pm. Usually go until 1230-1am

20 minutes? At what time of day?

Sweet stack photos though man. I'm trying to get out there soon.

I've thought about doing that in the past with a BBJ. How big does it get, how do you fund it, what qualifies, etc?

I've thought about doing that in the past with a BBJ. How big does it get, how do you fund it, what qualifies, etc?
Just started maybe a month ago. We have a dealer in my games with $1 taken at any pot that reaches $30. Tips are welcomed but not required.

$1 is the maximum that is ever taken. I take about 90% of the rake to pay the dealer and 10% put towards bad beat.

I stole Courages qualifier and breakdown (loosely)

Aces full or better to qualify (must play both cards from your hand, must be 6+ to the hand)

Off the top of my head I think it's
10% carry over - stays in BBJ
20% table share
30% to winner of hand
40% to loser of hand

20 minutes? At what time of day?

Sweet stack photos though man. I'm trying to get out there soon.
Haha very true. Weekends via route 1 thru Saugus is pretty quick. And after 8pm on weekdays is not bad either.

Maybe 20 mins via motorcycle weaving in and out of traffic during peak times? Or helicopter ride

@MatB share some pics from last night!

LOL>.. i should have taken a photo of me re-buying 3 times but who wants to see that??

Tired + Beer = Spewy.
But no matter how much $ I lose i always have a good laugh. Fun crowd for sure.

Heres a couple of pics..

Starting stack and the ever entertaining "Black Mask Man" in the foreground.

IMG_4524.JPG

Black mask man on table #2 after another 4 people show up to make 12.

IMG_4526.JPG

And an Opossum in my flower box....

IMG_4513.JPG

WTF with the mask, might be the first person I'm afraid to suck out on.

There was talk of killing " Black mask man" if the person who they thought it was actually walked in the door while "black mask man" was playing.

But as you can see in photo #2.. he has no chips. That is when they were reassured it was who they thought its was.

Last edited:
Black mask man is what they would call a "donator". I welcome the antics and it keeps the game lively

I believe i made the list of "donators" last night. No mask needed.

Great set up Andrew. My folks have a place in Maine. Next time I'm driving up, I'll have to work in a Thursday night session. Looks like a great group and set up, would love to catch a game with ya.

Interesting format. Looks fun too bad I'm on left coast.

I didn't know that Boston fans drink bottles of maple syrup at your games.

They watch the movie "Elf" and drink a shot of maple syrup every time someone says "buddy"

Fireball nips, people drink them like they are water at my house

Sounds like you have the right people at your house.

Pro tip - Dump a bag of Skittles in a glass (or probably a cup given what I'm suggesting here) and cover those skittles with Fireball. Swish em around. Drink the fireball then eat the skittles. You get skittle flavoured fireball and fireball flavoured skittles. It doesn't taste as good as it sounds.

Ugh, there's a trend that tilts me. Fireball. I hated it less when it was called Goldschlager. I like whiskey flavored whiskey.

Sounds like you have the right people at your house.

Pro tip - Dump a bag of Skittles in a glass (or probably a cup given what I'm suggesting here) and cover those skittles with Fireball. Swish em around. Drink the fireball then eat the skittles. You get skittle flavoured fireball and fireball flavoured skittles. It doesn't taste as good as it sounds.

I'd rather drink poison

Ugh, there's a trend that tilts me. Fireball. I hated it less when it was called Goldschlager. I like whiskey flavored whiskey.

winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Fireball has its place in certain cocktails but Goldschlager is a completely different liqueur. Although it's cinnamon too, it's a schnapps not a whiskey perversion.

When people are slinging back a handful of fireball nips and a few beers during a game, it induces some additional action

I introduced shot chips recently. They were a roaring success. They get used just like bounties but instead have a 2oz shot of hard liquor attached (i.e. you shove, your shot chip goes in). You can also bet them during any hand, but only on the River and you're capped at only 1 chip per bet. Each person gets 3.

Guys went absolutely crazy. The next thing they were doing side bets, like on split pots, whoever split the pot, had to do a side shot. Sht got out of hand. Good times. Im enjoying my hobby haha.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom