Domino's Pizza's Genius Marketing Team (3 Viewers)

jbutler

Royal Flush
Reaction score
so there was the now-well-known and fated-to-be-classic rebranding effort of domino's that is written up thoroughly and interestingly here and which produced this extremely well done (imo) video:

but it appears domino's has sequestered their marketing team for the past two years, feeding them nothing but mescaline and candy corn oreos (either deadly alone, but together enough to inspire a malicious insanity heretofore unknown outside CIA black ops sites).

beneath the spoiler tag below, an actual print ad for domino's pizza, is the result of that horrific experiment. it has been concealed for the protection of anyone with a weak stomach, general sensitivity, or children within 4 miles.

IKDci9i.jpg

That's an interesting ad there. I think I need to re-hide the spoiler lol.

I will say that I used to hate Domino's but they really have turned it around. That is all we order now during my monthly poker games. Can't be a 2 topping medium pizza for 5.99. We just order 4 or 5 of them and we're good for the night.

i think i started a thread on blue about chain pizza a while back. 95% of the time i go with a local pizzeria because they're all head and shoulders above the chains, but every so often i get a hankering for papa john's. god knows why. i don't really like domino's, though. i guess it's better than it was, but it still tastes like a mix of oil and garlic and powdered cheese. don't get me wrong - i'll eat the fuck out of some domino's if i'm hungry, but i wouldn't choose to order it.

my garbage chain delivery pizza ranking, best to worst, is something like:

papa john's
fox's
godfather's
hungry howie's
pizza hut
domino's
little caesars

"gourmet" chain pizza places do not qualify for the above list as they, in almost all cases, do not deliver (neither does sbarro, which is sad, because it's certainly better than a few of the above).

Can't argue with the mom and pop pizzeria's being better then the chain stores. There are a couple local ones that I go to when I actually am going out for pizza but for poker night the price of Dominos can't be beat.

I'd say my ranking is as follows for chain pizza places:
Davani's
Carbones
Rocco's Pizza
Broadway Pizza
Pizza Hut
Domino's
Savoys

Dog Food...
Dirt...
Little Ceasers lol

Now I'm hungry for Pizza lol.

i think i started a thread on blue about chain pizza a while back. 95% of the time i go with a local pizzeria because they're all head and shoulders above the chains, but every so often i get a hankering for papa john's. god knows why. i don't really like domino's, though. i guess it's better than it was, but it still tastes like a mix of oil and garlic and powdered cheese. don't get me wrong - i'll eat the fuck out of some domino's if i'm hungry, but i wouldn't choose to order it.

my garbage chain delivery pizza ranking, best to worst, is something like:

papa john's
fox's
godfather's
hungry howie's
pizza hut
domino's
little caesars

"gourmet" chain pizza places do not qualify for the above list as they, in almost all cases, do not deliver (neither does sbarro, which is sad, because it's certainly better than a few of the above).

For once I'm thankful youtube and some pics don't show up in threads here at work.

There aren't too many pizzas I won't eat but Dominos and Little Caesar's are definitely 2 that I won't touch.

Ian's Pizza (looks like they have locations in Milwaukee and Denver, too??) is famous for their mac n cheese pizza as well as a bunch of other awesome pies. Tragically, they decided to take their steak n fries pizza off the menu some time ago. It was out. standing.

Roman Candle and Glass Nickel are 2 other solid choices around here.

But the best, hands down, is this little joint. Very pricey but worth every penny.

I cant believe the artist would even want his name displayed with the ad...."sure Mr. McCann, you can have ALL the credit"...

I cant believe the artist would even want his name displayed with the ad...."sure Mr. McCann, you can have ALL the credit"...

i had to do a double-take when i first saw the ad. the font used for the artist's name is awfully​ close to the font used by McCain during his 2008 presidential campaign.

As with so many things JButler posts...

I wish I could unsee that somehow

As with so many things JButler posts...

I wish I could unsee that somehow

hey i might have done the posting, but you did the clicking. and the unspoilering. i tried to protect you.

FYI - showed this to my wife, because yeah. She busted out laughing harder than I've heard in a while. Apparently it's some 50 Shades of Gray reference???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom