Dog House Club - Design for ceramic (tournament) chips (1 Viewer)

Kid_Eastwood

Full House
Reaction score
Hi,

Initial Version
Here's a first version of the design I'm currently working on :

Already a big thank you to @PokerChipsDesign who already gave me some advice to design ceramic chips.

Picture is 1 1/16 ".

I'm not sure about the denominations. Having a border helped to make them more visible but this might not work at the printing (too thin). So I'll maybe explore other options for that.

Updated Version
DHC_T5_2.png

DHC_T25_2.png

DHC_T100_2.png

DHC_T500_2.png

DHC_T1000_2.png

DHC_T5000_2.png

DHC_T25000_2.png

DHC_BTY_2.png

Kid.

Last edited:
Solid concept! My concern is also with the denomination - it doesn't fit where it's currently placed. Can you move it to the outer ring instead of the solid color lines?

Can you move it to the outer ring instead of the solid color lines?

That’s a good idea. I just closed my PC and don’t plan to work on this, this weekend.

That’s the first thing I’ll do next week and working again on this design.

That's a very good first version ! Bravo !

Other remarks:
  • The border of the chip is free of design elements - which is good when printing ceramics - but now the overall design seems a bit busy on the inside. Maybe you can reduce the imagge inlay to let more space between the name and the image... You would only loose 2 or 3 mm on the image size...
  • The denomination is a problem, it will be difficult to see and the bone currency is a great idea... Maybe you could put a faded white background behind it, make it black, remove the outline and make the bone bigger (!)
  • About the outer ring, I'll make the rounded line between the title & "tournament" a single line, make it bolder and put the paw (bigger too) on top of it, centered in middle distance...
  • Last thing, maybe you can use a faded background on the main colors, like the notes I'm using on the Jazz Club set. Google is your best friend ever to find paws & bones patterns;)

@PokerChipsDesign , thanks for these great advice.

I really wanted to have the image at least 1 1/16". I'm not sure I want to reduce it. For the rest, I'll try what you suggest.

Last edited:
I like the concept and the images a lot.

I am concerned the blue on the 500 is too dark and might cause dirty stack issues with the 100. I would think about finding a much lighter blue, and I would use a different spot color on the 100 as well.

Again, great conception, just hate for adjacent colors to cause confusion.

These look great! As suggested, I would move the denom really the outside, perhaps replacing the word tournament. Also, The pictures are the star here so if anything I would make them bigger. One way to accomplish this is to move to a 43mm chip. If you’re buying a decent quantity, the price difference to 39mm is small.

Very nice!
But I'm afraid that the bone symbol will not be readable after ceramic treatment... may be a bigger/larger one with the secondary color yellow ?

Very nice!
But I'm afraid that the bone symbol will not be readable after ceramic treatment... may be a bigger/larger one with the secondary color yellow ?

I’ll try to find another wider font with a bone then.

I first defined the bone + 25 as an object. I manage to put it on a circle but I could not centered it. Centering only worked with text. So I search for a font using a bone as symbol so that everything is text which I could center.

So I’ll try to search for another font using a wider bone symbol.

Or find a bone which don’t look to a 1 ... I’ll see what I can do.

I want to use it as currency unit... So it has to be wherever the denomination is present.

First I've seen of this. I really like where your going. This is a true "fun" set. If getting a sample from overseas wasn't so expensive I would be interested.

I don't know yet.
Probably SunFly if they still have their production unit in Germany...

I think you've hit a home run here!

Incidentally I was googling the paintings and found this in an old legal forum post from 2006:
I was trying to find copyright information on Cassius M Coolidge's "A Friend in Need" which is one in the seris of Dogs Playing Poker painted I believe around 1908 possibly. Basically, I want to put part of this art on some poker chips for HOME use, nothing commercial.
And the response:
If this painting -- or any creative work -- was first published or sold in the U.S. prior to January 1, 1923, it's in the public domain and free to use by anyone without permission.
So you're not the first with this idea :) The paintings were commissioned in 1903 I believe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom