Does the PCF community need another option for custom labels / inserts? (2 Viewers)

Does the PCF community need another option for custom labels / inserts?

• No, there isn't an issue with our current vendors.

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Maybe, but right now I don't need any labels / inserts.

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Yes, and I'm willing to place an order immediately!

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Yes, and I can help with the artwork / file preparation.

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chkmte

Flush
Reaction score
*** Please do not turn this thread into an opportunity to bash any PCF vendors! ***

For several years, on multiple occasions, I've attempted to get 3000+ custom labels / inserts made (from our current vendors) for my Sundance collection. The bottom line is, for whatever reason, that it's not happening. And based on the multiple threads and subsequent posts, this seems to be an issue for many members of the community. So, I'd like to find out if we need another option and how we can create that solution.

That said, I don't necessarily know what all it takes to create and print custom labels / inserts, but I can't imagine it's too, too difficult. Perhaps there's a learning curve, or maybe it's quite simple. I'm willing to purchase the equipment and figure this out if the demand is there. But I'd welcome any and all help the community can provide.

Please take the poll and let me know your thoughts. This poll will close in 7 days.

Personally, I think two is plenty. They might be stretched thin during busy periods (post-GB and large chip sales), but I'd hate to see business 'seasonally' drop off and need to be split between 3+ vendors.... potentially causing one or more to close shop or raise prices to stay afloat.

I’ve thought about it, I literally sell labels as one of my product lines for a living haha. Looks like about a $5k upfront investment for the right vinyl printer/plotter and laminating setup could get one started and then lots and lots of experimentation.
I know @Gear ‘s wait times are often long, but it’s because he does consistently outstanding work and has become an expert at the craft. I think the learning curve is steep and honestly dealing with the demands and expectations of this community might be a big deterrent to anybody else looking to get into it, not to mention pretty slim profit margins when you factor in materials and time, it definitely seems to have a labor of love element to it.

For several years, on multiple occasions, I've attempted to get 3000+ custom labels / inserts made (from our current vendors) for my Sundance collection. The bottom line is, for whatever reason, that it's not happening. And based on the multiple threads and subsequent posts, this seems to be an issue for many members of the community. So, I'd like to find out if we need another option and how we can create that solution.
Just so I understand your issue... are you not satisfied with the delay/lead time it would take to get your order produced? Or is it that you haven't met the order minimums? I'm confused as to why the existing vendors would be refusing your business for years.

Anyway, I voted maybe.

Just so I understand your issue... are you not satisfied with the delay/lead time it would take to get your order produced? Or is it that you haven't met the order minimums? I'm confused as to why the existing vendors would be refusing your business for years.

Anyway, I voted maybe.
I have no idea why the existing vendors would be refusing my business either. As far as minimums are concerned, I’d venture to say that 3000 labels should be plenty. I even prepaid a couple years ago but communication was virtually non-existent and the labels never created...and refund issued.

As far as how long it takes, I can wait. But when there isn’t communication I have a problem with that.

I have no idea why the existing vendors would be refusing my business either. As far as minimums are concerned, I’d venture to say that 3000 labels should be plenty. I even prepaid a couple years ago but communication was virtually non-existent and the labels never created...and refund issued.

As far as how long it takes, I can wait. But when there isn’t communication I have a problem with that.
If for any reason it’s because they’re having an issue replicating the inlay/artwork, let me know. I usually have time on Saturdays, I know I can draw something up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom