Does it bother anyone else that..? (2 Viewers)

charitycase

Flush
Reaction score
The royal Windsor family Crown Estate owns 1/6 of the Earth's surface real-estate property?
6.6 billion acres

or that

Only $1.87 trillion (USD) actually physically exists, as a structure of our international society?
The latest stimulus package weighed-in at $2 trillion (USD)

Last edited:
God save our gracious queen lol
Screenshot_20200524_092548.jpg

I live in Canada, so by your Facebook meme type definition, The House of Windsor owns the land I live on (and own in a much less fantabulous fashion). This bothers me far less than knowing that The Great Leader has knowledge of the actual nuclear launch codes of the most destructive force on the planet.

The american royal family probably have a similar amount of wealth.
This is actually the basis of my reaction.
There is no other family that has this type of stake in real estate.
We are essentially accepting that this family owns the majority share of Earth.

This is actually the basis of my reaction.
There is no other family that has this type of stake in real estate.
We are essentially accepting that this family owns the majority share of Earth.
This is actually the basis for my reaction, and I expect the reaction of any Canadian, Brit, or Aussie who reads this. The Monarchy may own my land in some anachronistic way, but I own it in a realitstic, actual way. (Actually I own about half of it, the finance company has the rest).

This is actually the basis for my reaction, and I expect the reaction of any Canadian, Brit, or Aussie who reads this. The Monarchy may own my land in some anachronistic way, but I own it in a realitstic, actual way. (Actually I own about half of it, the finance company has the rest).
You effectively lease the property from a living person or living persons and consequently own nothing. That is my point exactly.

OK. I was just trying to allay your concerns. Who owns your house?

Either Harold Grinspoon or Larry Korman - Certainly not me...
I was just having a discussion about the later stages of capitalism with a friend and some serious patterns emerged between property ownership and wealth disparity.
The 6.6b acre ownership appears to be as detrimental as the race to become the world’s first trillionaire.
So I thought I’d see if it was bothersome elsewhere.

Either Harold Grinspoon or Larry Korman - Certainly not me...
I was just having a discussion about the later stages of capitalism with a friend and some serious patterns emerged between property ownership and wealth disparity.
The 6.6b acre ownership appears to be as detrimental as the race to become the world’s first trillionaire.
So I thought I’d see if it was bothersome elsewhere.
Ok, I’ll play (although I suspect I know where this is going). Who are Harold Grinspoon and Larry Korman?

The American Royal Family has wayyy sexier asses than the British version IMO.
Whilst I won't comment on the Queen's derriere, except for one of the younger ones, the Kardashian asses are oversized and injected with fat. Absolutely disgusting lol.

Last edited:
This country freely elected Donald Trump President and I’m supposed to be worried about the House of Windsor? I’d still be more concerned about a Trump Presidency if the Queen of England owner my land...

Ok, I’ll play (although I suspect I know where this is going). Who are Harold Grinspoon and Larry Korman?
I’m interested in your thoughts here too because these guys weren’t much on my mind.
Harold Grinspoon is a real estate mogul in the United States who, giving credit where it’s due, is somewhat self-made.
Larry Korman is an heir of the Korman family fortune. The Korman lineage is also credited for substantial real-estate developments in the north eastern United States. I believe Larry is currently the majority holder of their business but I could be mistaken.

This country freely elected Donald Trump President and I’m supposed to be worried about the House of Windsor? I’d still be more concerned about a Trump Presidency if the Queen of England owner my land...
I understand - The presidency caps at 8 years while the Windsor’s rights to profit upon property are indefinite; differences in the scale humanity’s timeline.

From one of them? If not, what was the purpose of mentioning them? I’m confused.
Yes, from one of them. I’m not sure anymore which family owns the property. I mentioned them in a response to another users question. He wanted to know who specifically owned my home.
But the relevance still holds, surprisingly. Two family fortunes built upon property ownership which have yielded hundreds of millions of dollars, if not several billions, in profits; plenty more in revenue. This is conceivable in a capitalist societal structure. Owning 1/6 of Earth’s land, though - that is an inconceivable imbalance in our society.

Anyon else think the world revolves around them and all this shit wouldn't matter if I weren't here....

Oh, me neither.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom