Does international delivery have any issues at the moment? (1 Viewer)

@Polochris , am I sending you something? Gosh, I can't recall selling you anything. My goodness, please jog my memory. I'm not sure I've sent you anything. Confused:tdown:

lol No you are not. Gear labels have been sent out, so I was just curious if there would be a problem at the US/Canada border. No rush though :)

lol No you are not. Gear labels have been sent out, so I was just curious if there would be a problem at the US/Canada border. No rush though :)
Huge relief!! I had myself wondering how bad I might have messed up. Phew!

From what I've been experienced lately, UPS international shipping cost has been increased by 150-200% due to the lack of flights, and the priority of shipping medical related items.

I think you need to call UPS since I had similar experience as yours - once a customer send me a package from the US via UPS, the package was suppose to come in Hongkong but for some reason it ended up in Dubai:unsure:, we have to call UPS several times and about 7 days later, I got the package...

Or wait! Yes!! You owe me your Jack Tournament set remember ? ;)
giphy (59).gif

If it helps I received some chips in Singapore from the US and those were sent a week ago. I used an international reshipper who used DHL (I think) and got my package on time.

Having spent over a decade overseas I've found the proper response to these situations most often includes the responsible application of burbon. I've never had anything get lost, just delayed. Trust the system until there is some valid indication it is broken.

From what I've been experienced lately, UPS international shipping cost has been increased by 150-200% due to the lack of flights, and the priority of shipping medical related items.

I think you need to call UPS since I had similar experience as yours - once a customer send me a package from the US via UPS, the package was suppose to come in Hongkong but for some reason it ended up in Dubai:unsure:, we have to call UPS several times and about 7 days later, I got the package...

Interesting, but do you think, you call influenced the shippment back to you? Or would this package anyway return to you from Dubai :) I tried to call USPS but couldnt reach anyone at the moment. I mean, if this package will arrive during next 30 days iam already happy :D

This is the worst pandemic most of us have seen in our lifetimes (well, not most of you old fartknockers who might have lived through the Hong Kong flu of 1968 or the Asian flu of 1957) but for most of us under 50, it is.

We gotta have faith the shipping companies will do the right thing, they're already probably swamped as it is.

Just wanted to ad to this thread, for a reference, as I shipped a package on Mar.30, tracked, to USA. I see ZERO issue with its movements in regards to entry into USA from Canada.
Screenshot_20200402-183318.jpg
Screenshot_20200402-183329.jpg

And now for something completely different. I live in Poland and due to Coronavirus I can not ship to Switzerland, post offices simply will not accept package.

James posted dealers buttons to me on March 30th from Iowa and they are sitting at Chicago since April 3rd

"Your package is moving within the USPS network"

Things seem to be moving, albeit far slower than usual. I had two separate shipments posted from the U.S. on March 20. One arrived here on Saturday, April 11 and the other is still sitting in the San Francisco hub with the last update being March 21.

Had another shipment posted out from the U.S. on Friday, April 10 and it already appears to have cleared through the NY hub and be on route to Switzerland.

A bit hit or miss - I’m just trying not to have any expectations with regard to shipping times at the moment.

I have issues with shipping to Singapore. I ordered a label, shipped the package and German customs returned it to me because Singapore doesn’t accept international shipments atm. I hope to get a free label for the next try in some days. I still don’t understand, why the website and the post office didn’t tell me „Singapore is not possible atm“.

Regarding to your package to Germany I really wonder why they sent it to Asia and not directly from US to FFM. Maybe there aren’t enough planes on the way to Europe. Next to that my own experience with receiving international shipments are very different. Sometimes tracking stops for days. Sometimes it takes days, then weeks to receive a package from US or Canada. The good news is: Nothing gots lost in the last 15?!years. GL

I have issues with shipping to Singapore. I ordered a label, shipped the package and German customs returned it to me because Singapore doesn’t accept international shipments atm. I hope to get a free label for the next try in some days. I still don’t understand, why the website and the post office didn’t tell me „Singapore is not possible atm“.

Regarding to your package to Germany I really wonder why they sent it to Asia and not directly from US to FFM. Maybe there aren’t enough planes on the way to Europe. Next to that my own experience with receiving international shipments are very different. Sometimes tracking stops for days. Sometimes it takes days, then weeks to receive a package from US or Canada. The good news is: Nothing gots lost in the last 15?!years. GL

To my knowledge, Singapore has not stopped receiving and sending parcels except to a number of selected countries, international shipments are only greatly delayed. You can find more details here and Germany is not on the list. You should check with the German customs instead

https://www.singpost.com/covid-19-updates/international-post-parcel-services-updates

There are weird things going on for sure. What's strange is, I recently sent a small envelope to Singapore. It reached.

I sent an envelope to Norway, and it was returned to my mailbox. (Sorry @Marius L )

The envelope had a removable sticker over it that said "temporary mail suspension". It also had instructions to remove the sticker and re-post at some time in the future I guess, free of charge..
15862169316032445132253598847325.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom