Does anyone use a hand held vacuum to clean their poker table felt? (4 Viewers)

You dont have a small gap between the felt and the track where the dirt would get stuck?
I’ve addressed it on the felt side, by adding fabric cord. The fabric cord provides a finished look, while keeping dirt where I can get to it. The rail side does require a nozzle, but to me it’s worth it.

Table 1 - Copy.jpeg

E4315873-42EE-43B3-9347-55A066428DC9.jpeg

Last edited:
Last edited:
I remember that table now - I'm not a fan of racetracks, but that is a beautiful build.
Thanks. It’s 11 years old and being replaced. Irish has begun cutting! I added 3”, so it will now be 52”. The room has a pool table, etc., so space is at a premium. Plus, judging by the snacks and donations the players bring, they have alligator arms, so...

the new top will be nearly identical, but I’m having a though time finding the right fabric cord to install, once the top is completed.

then I have to decide what to do with this top. My son is moving into a new place, maybe we make a wood cover and it can double as a dining room table!

For those that use a pool table brush, is there any reason to use one of those brushes as opposed to another brush? Why are pool table brushes shaped the way they are?
Not sure, but may be because the bristles are pretty stiff.

Good billiard brushes are usually horse hair (soft). The better ones don’t shed after the initial use. The shaped ends help to reach under the bumpers. The idea is to brush the dirt into the pockets ( I remove the balls from the pockets first).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom