Does anyone know whatever happened to Scott Keen and Mark Junnell? (1 Viewer)

Jake14mw

Flush
Reaction score
If you are someone that was into poker table making in the 200X's, you know these two names! Mark has the dubious distinction as being the person who launched the racetrack poker table boom by posting gorgeous pictures and a how to diagrams on building poker tables. Others had surely made racetrack tables before, but probably thousands of racetrack tables were inspired by, and built using Mark Junnell's design. Scott Keen was a guy who ran scottkeen.com, which was the earliest table building site that I was aware of. A really interesting personality with some crazy stories! I know I built my first two tables with guidance from people on that site. Anyone know anything about them now, or have any good stories?

Last edited:
.... or have any good stories?

Some of the stories from that forum would give modern day PC police the shits :LOL: :laugh:. Miatas, staple-bacon and chocolate fences! Good times.

Haven't heard from either in years. Both websites are actually still up, though neither has been updated in years and it looks like Junell sold his site to a party poker place.

No idea, haven't heard from either of them in years. Scott Keen's site is what got me started in the business, I owe a lot to that forum. It was sad when it went south.
Was there a story as to why it went south?

Was there a story as to why it went south?

It started with the owner trolling many of the regulars in the off topics. He would post an odd topic about his house, guns, car, neighbor, etc asking for advice and then just troll away when people tried to discuss or offer advice/help. That drove one of the main guys to create a separate forum - mostly just for his local crew. A few others found it and hopped over, and the next thing you know the full migration was on. SK lost almost all traffic, the owner completely lost interest and didn't maintain/upgrade the forum software, so it became plagued by a horrendous amount of spam that ultimately sealed it's fate. @DoubleEagle valiantly tried to clean it up and get it back up and running, but the owner just didn't care.

I remember members getting pretty rude so I pulled all my build pictures. When it went down I joined here but was off for awhile.

It started with the owner trolling many of the regulars in the off topics. He would post an odd topic about his house, guns, car, neighbor, etc asking for advice and then just troll away when people tried to discuss or offer advice/help. That drove one of the main guys to create a separate forum - mostly just for his local crew. A few others found it and hopped over, and the next thing you know the full migration was on. SK lost almost all traffic, the owner completely lost interest and didn't maintain/upgrade the forum software, so it became plagued by a horrendous amount of spam that ultimately sealed it's fate. @DoubleEagle valiantly tried to clean it up and get it back up and running, but the owner just didn't care.
I remember the guns and neighbor's threads the most. There was definitely some crazy discussions!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom