I would think if the chips are not hot stamped a delicate bath in oxiclean or tsp would take care of it. Maybe a scrub in soapy water with magic eraser. Unsure of the vinegar trick, id worry they'd smell funny after. Others might have better suggestions
Ummm, I’d use some warm water, a soft bristle toothbrush and a half table spoon of TSP. I’m not sure using an acid is a great idea. If they have hotstamps DO NOT use TSP. If they’re CPC, don’t submerge them in water, either.
I also have some stinky, moldy ASMs (pre-ASM even?). I'm worried about using even diluted vinegar on them since CPCs dissolve like butter on a hot knife, but there's a few already-faded chips I can test with a toothbrush.
I don’t know if it actually got rid of the mold, but I will monitor if what I did brings back any visible mold.
but basically I used dawn, warm water, oxyclean, and a toothbrush. for stubborn marks I used magic eraser. if magic eraser failed then it was just a spot I couldn’t remove and I left it on.
The vast majority of marks that couldn’t be removed didn’t look like the black mold.
Then to wash the soap off I ran the chip, one at a time, under scalding hot water for half a second, maneuvering and switching hands to get the water only on the chip and not on my fingers. so it would be like one half of the chip face hits the water then flip it to the other side, then switch hands and get the other half and flip. I did this one chip at a time then to get the edges I grabbed like five chips at a time and faced edges towards the running water and rotating about thirty degrees every half second to get the next part of the edge. then I dried everything in paper towels.
I felt like if the oxyclean and magic eraser didn’t remove the mold the really hot water would kill it.
It seems like it worked. It’s been about a week and haven’t noticed anything growing back.