Does anyone have experience buying new Rolex watches? (1 Viewer)

^^^^^THIS THIS THIS^^^^^
How would this forum feel about a member recommending some very good replica Paulsons. They will look and feel the same as authentic ones to those who arent experts, but are 10% of the price. Just curious...
Please, tell me more about these very good replica Paulsons at 10% of the cost! You’ve got me excited.

They can still make a profit at 10% of the cost of the real deal? Makes you wonder who the real criminals are!
Pretty Communist statement by an American patriot. :p
:)

On another note: Rolex salesmen are going to soon end up like Ferrari salesmen: "Are you sure you need this? It's not really functional. Not worth the wait" :)

On another note: Rolex salesmen are going to soon end up like Ferrari salesmen: "Are you sure you need this? It's not really functional. Not worth the wait" :)

No, Ferrari salesmen tell you it will be 2 years before delivery of your order but if you also buy one of their less desirable entry level cars like a Portofino or Roma or Lusso your order will be moved up to 6 months delivery time.

Not being a collector or a rich man, my idea of having a single watch for life, from inside the sea to Presidential or Royal Palaces:
View attachment 903055
I bought it in 2004; its price has doubled as new and trippled as used.
Less accurate than a mobile phone, but more sturdy, and doesn't need any charging.
Anyway, a watch is the only stylistically permissible jewel on a man, in my old-school book.

And @Jeff, congrats man! :) :)
Very sweet. Hard to beat a classic Rolex ODJ imho.

Cork, Ireland

C32B225B-3616-48F6-AE67-346B4B53E085.jpeg

The truth of it is that basically no one cares about watches any more. There are very few, if any walks of life/jobs etc where wearing a specific watch is going to get you anything other than an occasional "hey, nice watch"

I have had lots, and I do mean lots, of different watches and I truly think that if you are buying a watch for anything other than for your own enjoyment then you are going to be disappointed.
This is very very true. I can count on one hand the amount of times someone has noticed my watch. That being said, in recent years They’ve returned to the mainstream. I’ve had countless friends ask me about watches as they were considering buying one. Of course, when you can buy one and instantly have equity they naturally become more popular.

Sorry I keep posting and reading more comments…. Despite the overall watch market being in a decline. The top brands sell every single watch they make. Every single one. They could easily make more, but most don’t. They are making more money than ever. So it’s hard to say that there’s no market. We may be in a bubble, but I don’t think we will ever get back to a period where the watch companies struggle to sell inventory.

Just saw this thread. I had wanted a 39mm Explorer 1 and was offered one right before Covid. They you couldn’t touch one within 4000 over retail. Well it looks like the market is softening now. I’m thinking the Rolex bubble may crash this year.
I picked up a 36mm explorer, but have been looking for a 39mm. They’re still going for $8-10k on eBay which is around the same as the brand new 36s, hoping they come back down.

I picked up a 36mm explorer, but have been looking for a 39mm. They’re still going for $8-10k on eBay which is around the same as the brand new 36s, hoping they come back down.
When I was offered one by an AD they were around $6500 list I think. This was just when the Rolex market started to get silly. I love the Explorer 1 but I had a hard time justifying that money and they weren’t giving any discounts. Before that people would often get a 10% discount on those types of Rolexes. In hindsight I obviously wish I got one but back then I felt the watch was really a $3-5K watch at best.

I got my Polar Explorer thru Rolex Forums, and was hoping to one day get my hands on a DSD. Have to say, this whole supply/gray market thing really soured me on Rollie's. I've always been kind of a space nut, so Omega does me very nicely. Would LOVE a WWII era piece. Those are the epitome of cool, IMO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom