Does anyone have a set just for heads up? (1 Viewer)

Pgheddie

Full House
Reaction score
Hi folks, new to the forum. I've been happy with dice chips for years but, well, you know. It doesn't take much exposure to better quality chips to make continued use of dice chips untenable.

Anyway, the nice thing about dice chips is I was always able to keep a separate case of chips for exactly what I needed. Three table tournament at the campground? Grab those 2 cases. Wanted to run a $5/$10 table? Grab that case over there.

I started out with a bunch of samples and the wife wanted to use the Desert Heat chips at camp ("it looks like vacation!") so I bought her a set of those. And I play a good bit of $0.50/ $1 with some friends from work so I bought some Scroll ceramics for that. I really like the ceramics

I was thinking I really can't afford a big set of the more expensive chips (to many kids and a high maintenance wife), but I could probably get a small set reserved strictly for heads up or very short handed games. I am just wondering what that would look like? Total chips, denominations, break downs, etc. I'm thinking maybe I could get away with as little as 200 chips if I reserved it for 4 handed or less.

Anyone do that? What chips do you have in the set, for what stakes. What's the breakdown, etc?

Thanks in advance for indulging my curiosity.

I’ve got a BCC hu set for cash. I had this set with a weird breakdown and sold some as a sng set and kept the cash part. 250 chips in total for a 2/4 NL game (as in swedish krona)

$1 - 70
$5 - 76
$25 - 78
$100 - 19
$500 - 6
$1k - 1

9BF8D939-8C5F-48D8-B34B-64E435596448.png

Putting together a heads-up set is a great way to splurge for more expensive chips than you’d normally buy. Here’s what I use, for heads up and Open face Chinese poker. I think I could probably play four-handed with this set.
28 quarters, 52 $1s, 25 $5s, 6 $25s, 2 hundreds. The quantities were mostly decided by what fits in the case.
I think if you bumped it up to 160 chips, you could very comfortably play 4 players, maybe up to 6.
4BA1A65B-127E-40C7-86E8-AC3F6E7EFABB.jpeg

Last edited:
Putting together. Heads up set is a great way to splurge for more expensive chips than. You’d Normally buy. Here’s what I use, for heads up and Open face Chinese poker. I think I could probably play four-handed with this set.
28 quarters, 52 $1s, 25 $5s, 6 $25s, 2 hundreds. The quantities were mostly decided by what fits in the case.
I think if you bumped it up to 160 chips, you could very comfortably play 4 players, maybe up to 6.
View attachment 639636
Yes, that's kind of what I was thinking. Get a nice little wooden box, etc to hold them in. The one you have is a nice little set for just 100 chips or whatever. Makes me think I want a 100 chip set for 5/10 (65x5s, 25x25s 10x100s maybe?) or something, but I don't usually play that short handed (felting someone for $500-$1,000 doesn't make for a lasting friendship, lol). 1 on 1 I like to keep the stakes smaller like 1/2.

Putting together a heads-up set is a great way to splurge for more expensive chips than you’d normally buy. Here’s what I use, for heads up and Open face Chinese poker. I think I could probably play four-handed with this set.
View attachment 639636
I love this! I have a new project now...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom