Does anybody know how the cancelled Foxwoods $25's got into our hands? (1 Viewer)

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I just scored this (apparent) secondary, but that's not really the point of this post,
79ABC60F-C2F5-4427-9F44-812631999872.jpeg

We’ve all seen Foxwoods $25’s - there are racks of them here on this site. They’re all cancelled. But I’ve never seen any other cancelled 1st edition Foxwoods chips. So I assume they destroyed all the denominations except the $25s? But why?
And were they sold off? Given away? Smuggled out? I haven’t been able to get any answers. But when I was looking for answers, I saw this on the Chipguide:
7F89C817-3014-48AC-8717-750A962A2B1B.jpeg

I assumed that’s a secondary $25, but I’d never seen one. So they cancelled and sold off the secondary $25s too? But where are they? I’ve looked for one for the past year, and never seen one literally anywhere, except that picture on the Chipguide. And then last week, I scored one on eBay for $2.25.

So many mysteries. Are these secondary’s? Were all the secondaries cancelled? Or just the secondary $25s? If so, why? And either way, WHERE THE HELL DID THEY GO?

If anybody knows the answers to any of these questions, I'd love to hear it. But since a bunch of us own racks of the cancelled primary chips (414 pink and burgandy spots) somebody MUST know how they got into our hands?

Unfortunately i have no idea and i am no help, but interesting question. Also refreshing to see that there are still some topics that have not been covered and are not about fliipping or the overpaying whales. Watching with interest!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom