Do your partners complain about chipping? (1 Viewer)

Nope. She (my wife) get's that I have some expensive hobbies. And, I can get pretty obsessive about them. And, I always tell her the real costs. She just ends up buying something for herself that I can't complain about. hahaha

My gf complained a lot, but I managed it find a way, to explain that chipping is a hobby like all others, and they always costs money. I pointed out, that the value of good chips are very constant or sometings even growing. but I don't told her the actual money I've spent into poker chips so far.

Last edited:
You think she would get mad if you told here the actual cost? I found out a long time ago that my wife is like Sherlock Holmes with here detective skills. So, rather than apologize for lying I just tell the truth and apologize for how much I spent. =)

Just exchange bike with chips ;)

You think she would get mad if you told here the actual cost? I found out a long time ago that my wife is like Sherlock Holmes with here detective skills. So, rather than apologize for lying I just tell the truth and apologize for how much I spent. =)
I'm usually following this approach

The costs are hard to explain to non-hobbyists. My work mates regularly lament "more poker chips..?" When a parcel turns up. But similarly, I also collect Lego and most people for the life of them can't understand why I'd spend £650 on a Star Wars Lego set.. :whistle: :whistling: Better to have a hobby than no interests at all I guess

The costs are hard to explain to non-hobbyists. My work mates regularly lament "more poker chips..?" When a parcel turns up. But similarly, I also collect Lego and most people for the life of them can't understand why I'd spend £650 on a Star Wars Lego set.. :whistle: :whistling: Better to have a hobby than no interests at all I guess
One of my mates was berating me for spending £300 on a rack of WTHC chips. This is my mate who spent £900 on a Lego star destroyer. :LOL: :laugh:

I'm on 8k right now. Started in October last year
I’ve probably spent around £3.5k so after Brexit that’ll be around €5 :LOL: :laugh:
The way I see it they’re not going to go down in value so it’s like an investment. No different to buying Rolex watches, stamps or in my case guitars. If ever things get sticky I can always sell them.

I’ve probably spent around £3.5k so after Brexit that’ll be around €5 :LOL: :laugh:

And that's only if you can get them out through customs :vomit: I am no where near as deeply invested as the values you two state. Value is always perceived. I bet your mate sees nothing wrong with £900 super star destroyer (jealous btw). But at least your chips probably see more action ;)

By far, i avoid lying from my relationship. I used tu talk tu her about chips almost everyday some weeks.
Now she's able to recognize witch she prefers when il scroll on them !
With confidence in ours words and action we can buy/do what we want until it's not a danger to live and spend precious family moments.

Yes sometimes she complains because i talk about it too much.
Yes she knows the real cost, and i talk to her beforei i buy a new set.

I haven't got woman so no worries about this odds.
After I don't smoke, I don't drink alcohol, for sport I live at the seaside so there is just the material to renew from time to time (Stand up paddle, Skimboard and skateboard)
So I can buy a set from time to time, it's not too bad.

And that's only if you can get them out through customs :vomit: I am no where near as deeply invested as the values you two state. Value is always perceived. I bet your mate sees nothing wrong with £900 super star destroyer (jealous btw). But at least your chips probably see more action ;)
I’ve only spent that because I decided to get a set of WTHC. My plan was to get 300 chips for a small tourney. I’ve now got 1,100 and just posted an advert looking for another 100.
My mate’s got a room full of crazy expensive Lego. He doesn’t let his kids play with it. He’s like Will Ferrel in the Lego movie :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Do your wifes/gfs complain about chipping?

Nope. I buy all my chips with my winnings and not with my work money. Also, she knows, or has met a lot of my chipper friends and she always says the same thing about them "They are such nice guys".

Do you tell them about the real costs?

Nope, cuz she doesn't care. See answer above.

Is that in your basement? It’s almost impossible to find a house with a basement in the UK. I always wanted one for a pool table.

This is the set I’m currently working on. Got some pink fracs being worked on by Gear (label and base chips shown). Also got another 100 of the T100 and T1 chips on their way to me. The white chips a PCR T10 and they’ll be used as 10p in a 10p/25p game.

Attachments

• DFCED2D6-4C0D-421D-90A5-369C66633377.jpeg
    DFCED2D6-4C0D-421D-90A5-369C66633377.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 89
  • C6D06A82-672F-4C2D-868A-66941C448F35.jpeg
    C6D06A82-672F-4C2D-868A-66941C448F35.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 3D3526EB-5E96-4F6C-A909-2D3F8ED6D6C1.jpeg
    3D3526EB-5E96-4F6C-A909-2D3F8ED6D6C1.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 3F75BC1E-68AF-4A6A-BB99-7FF03BAA428D.jpeg
    3F75BC1E-68AF-4A6A-BB99-7FF03BAA428D.jpeg
    225.1 KB · Views: 68

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom