Do you use a card guard? (1 Viewer)

Joined December, 2015

First post in April, 2016

No way I'm clicking that link...

quite the warm welcome. i take it you've never registered for a forum and lurked/tested the waters a bit before posting? we all had 1 post at one point and forums can be overwhelming to n00bs. and it's not like his post had a bunch of gobble-dee-gook or a link to zomgxxxnudegrannys.com or plzhelpfreemynigeriancousin.com like we see in so many spam posts.

welcome aboard @ccralleo those wooden card cards look mighty nice :)

Is that cocobolo?

I refuse to work on any desk not made of the finest cocobolo.

llB2J4j.png

Last edited:
quite the warm welcome.

I don't think it had anything to do with welcoming a newbie -- it's just a healthy dose of self-preservation to not click on links unless you have confidence in the source. I wouldn't have clicked on that link either, without seeing others' follow-ups first.

Life's too short to spend days cleaning up infected systems...

I don't think it had anything to do with welcoming a newbie -- it's just a healthy dose of self-preservation to not click on links unless you have confidence in the source. I wouldn't have clicked on that link either, without seeing others' follow-ups first.

Life's too short to spend days cleaning up infected systems...

i didn't (and still haven't) clicked the link. i guess it just rubbed me the wrong way the way i read into it..."joined on XXX, first post ZZZ, click this link? not a chance, spamvirusbotnado."

or maybe my undies are just in a bunch because i've been up since 2am dealing with a client that doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

I'm usually poking around on United Cardists but I saw this thread and thought a few of you might appreciate this post...
http://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?t=8580

Why? Because unfortunately your first post looked like every single spam email or threat trying to get people to click on a link for nefarious purposes. Looked very much like a spam bot. There was zero context to make it appear legit/valid, and as a moderator it's my job to weed out such posts. I was in a hurry this morning, otherwise it would have likely been deleted.

Please look back at your first post and understand we might not know what United cardists is.

That said, there was. No intent to be unwelcoming. Your follow up posts confirm you're not a bot. That puts your first post in an entirely different context. Thank you. This is a great forum, with awesome folks. Welcome.

No offense taken... Boards are a funny creature some boards rival others and some just don't get along... I wasn't sure if this was one of those situations where UC members weren't welcome. Obviously not the case here. Looks like a great group and I look forward to getting to know you folks! I didn't even think about my join date vs my first post date either.... I was a bit of a sketch lol.

No offense taken... Boards are a funny creature some boards rival others and some just don't get along... I wasn't sure if this was one of those situations where UC members weren't welcome. Obviously not the case here. Looks like a great group and I look forward to getting to know you folks! I didn't even think about my join date vs my first post date either.... I was a bit of a sketch lol.

All about context. I've never heard of UC before. It may as well have read "SpamsRUs.com".

Had I any incling that UC was a card/poker related site, your post would have had way more context.

Spam and bots look odd, but don't necessarily often contain a lot of gibberish, as they are trying to look legitimate enough to get people to click their links.

Water under the bridge. Those boxes look sweet. And again, welcome.

@ AK chip - I'm not sure I can get a flyers logo burnt on one but I'm sure I could stain one on there! I'll play around with it

@ AK chip - I'm not sure I can get a flyers logo burnt on one but I'm sure I could stain one on there! I'll play around with it
Man one of these would look sweet with my Hitching Post logo engraved on it. Howuch are they?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460472862.184693.jpg

$25 - $40 depending on the species. I'm not sure I can get all that detail on one of these. Also for the SHCD I have on them now, I used I branding die I had custom made. I'm sure they could make a die of your logo but it would be very costly... I could look into it if ya like.
Image1460486029.503134.jpg

$25 - $40 depending on the species. I'm not sure I can get all that detail on one of these. Also for the SHCD I have on them now, I used I branding die I had custom made. I'm sure they could make a die of your logo but it would be very costly... I could look into it if ya like.View attachment 38130
And have my own Hitching Post Branding die?! Hell yeah. Might be cost prohibitive but I am definitely intrigued.

Joined December, 2015

First post in April, 2016

No way I'm clicking that link...
As a mod I think a little more thought and tact could go into this reply, and perhaps an apology. Not a justification for a knee jerk omniscient response.
Why? Because unfortunately your first post looked like every single spam email or threat trying to get people to click on a link for nefarious purposes. Looked very much like a spam bot. There was zero context to make it appear legit/valid, and as a moderator it's my job to weed out such posts. I was in a hurry this morning, otherwise it would have likely been deleted.

Please look back at your first post and understand we might not know what United cardists is.

That said, there was. No intent to be unwelcoming. Your follow up posts confirm you're not a bot. That puts your first post in an entirely different context. Thank you. This is a great forum, with awesome folks. Welcome.
How do you weed out such posts without finding out what the link is? If you have a safer way other than clicking on the link perhaps you could share.

In the words of forest gump "and that's all I have ta say bout that"

@ccralleo welcome. Those wood card cappers are beautiful

So can you make one of these?

Personally? No. I just know of other dies (different shape/different purpose, but same concept) that cost anywhere from $40 - $150 based on material composition. What you have pictured there is a little heftier, so I'm guessing the extra cost is from the extra materials used to create it, higher grade materials, or both.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom