Do you miss those days.. (1 Viewer)

Why not do 16/16/4/6 or 16/16/6/5?
Using 16 T25's and T100's if its a 10 handed game does not leave any T100's to color up the T25's once they're off the table for those with low T25 stacks.

I'm all for MOAR chips on the table, but in building my tournament sets, I'm finding that I'd like to have a few extra T100's for color ups. I won't be able to use the T500's to color everyone up.

If we're talking about a freezeout, your breakdown works just fine.

I’m sure we will look back on this time with Jim’s excellent recent sales and the offerings at CPC and other projects and these will become the “good old days”. While it’s always fun to reminisce about every poker website carrying a full line of $1.25 each home Paulson lines, the here and now is pretty sweet too. Anyone up for unlimited 60 cent Paulson chips tomorrow? I say life is good, and I’ll try to not regret the BCC set I was afraid to buy after all the complaints on Chiptalk.

in building my tournament sets, I'm finding that I'd like to have a few extra T100's for color ups. I won't be able to use the T500's to color everyone up.
You don't need ANY T100s or T500s for color-ups. Best practice is to use larger denomination chips that won't be later removed from play (and will actually be needed for the remainder of the event).

You don't need ANY T100s or T500s for color-ups. Best practice is to use larger denomination chips that won't be later removed from play (and will actually be needed for the remainder of the event).
I don't mean this at all to be wise or sarcastic, and I'm really just asking this question even if it sounds silly, but for a T10000 base tournament with levels starting at 25/50 in which T25's are needed, and they're no longer needed after the second break, what do you do with them?

I don't mean this at all to be wise or sarcastic, and I'm really just asking this question even if it sounds silly, but for a T10000 base tournament with levels starting at 25/50 in which T25's are needed, and they're no longer needed after the second break, what do you do with them?

From my calculation, there would be enough T500 to colour up all the T25 and T100.

From my calculation, there would be enough T500 to colour up all the T25 and T100.
Correct, but not everyone is going to have multiples of 500 when it comes to color up time. Some may have 125 in 25's, others 450, some 675, you get the picture. I round off and race off the extras, and for that I need T100's.

Correct, but not everyone is going to have multiples of 500 when it comes to color up time. Some may have 125 in 25's, others 450, some 675, you get the picture. I round off and race off the extras, and for that I need T100's.
I get you - I do the same thing. Color off 4 greens with one black.

It's inefficient.

It would be more efficient to pull 4 green and 4 black and give a T500, as you are going to do that soon enough. I understand the logic. I just don't prefer it. What I do like is lots of chips, and rarely making change. It's a form vs function thing, art vs practicality. With my Empress Star set, price per chip dictates I use the BGinGA approach. With customs, I had the cash to overload the chips that will eventually come off.

Both ways work. You never need to be locked into just one method.

I’m sure we will look back on this time with Jim’s excellent recent sales and the offerings at CPC and other projects and these will become the “good old days”. While it’s always fun to reminisce about every poker website carrying a full line of $1.25 each home Paulson lines, the here and now is pretty sweet too. Anyone up for unlimited 60 cent Paulson chips tomorrow? I say life is good, and I’ll try to not regret the BCC set I was afraid to buy after all the complaints on Chiptalk.
Untitled-1.jpg

Just yesterday the wife and I were looking at current prices for our pinball machines and arcade cabinets, which we bought a while ago. We bought them when we were revisiting our childhood delights... which was a few years before everyone else from our generation started revisiting their childhood delights.

They now cost about ten times what we paid for them.

We probably won't be adding on to our collection any time soon.

Just yesterday the wife and I were looking at current prices for our pinball machines and arcade cabinets, which we bought a while ago. We bought them when we were revisiting our childhood delights... which was a few years before everyone else from our generation started revisiting their childhood delights.

They now cost about ten times what we paid for them.

We probably won't be adding on to our collection any time soon.
Yeah I really wanted to add one to my new basement. Then I saw that the ones I like are about $8,000. I don’t need one that bad.

Yeah I really wanted to add one to my new basement. Then I saw that the ones I like are about $8,000. I don’t need one that bad.
I got my Joker Poker 2 years ago for $1,200, and I put about 200 into it to get it working. my daughter and I also spent a summer building an arcade cabinet for about $500 total (You can usually see the cabinet in the background of my chip pictures)

If you really wanted something like that, there are affordable options.

for a T10000 base tournament with levels starting at 25/50 in which T25's are needed, and they're no longer needed after the second break, what do you do with them?
I introduce T1000 chip(s), make change with the larger stack(s) if necessary, and remove the obsolete T25s with the change. Same thing when it comes time to color-up and remove the T100s. The T500 color-up is done using T5000 chips.

I round off and race off the extras, and for that I need T100's.
I use either the round-up or race-off method, depending on format/venue. T100 chips are typically needed for either practice, but you don't need to introduce additional T100 chips in order to do it -- just use the existing T100 chips that are already in play. Instead, introduce T1000 chips (which will be valuable long-term and needed later, once the T1000 replaces the T100 as the primary workhorse chip).

And if you discover that you really don't have enough T100 chips in play, then that means that the denomination composition of your starting stacks is lacking. Fix that issue up front to solve the actual problem (having enough T000s in play when they are really needed), and don't attempt to half-ass address it by introducing more T100s during a T25 color-up if they should have been there all along.

Have the chip leader provide those extra 100s by exchanging a 500 or two.

I'm lost on how this is a problem.

1. Get the big stack at each table to buy up all the 25s.

Or

2. Colour up 5 100s to a 500 and now you have some 100s for colouring up the smaller stacks. Personally I prefer to skip the 500s and start colouring up to 1000 to get some 100s off the table at the same time as the 25s. All my sets have more 1000 s than 500s for this reason.

Edit: people type fast, my post is obv @BGinGA approved though

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom