Do you have an emotional hand you play?

ChipFinderSK

Flush
Reaction score
:4c::5c: - will call almost any raise with preflop (The Moneymaker)

23 suited, 34 suited, 53 suited...get that garbage outta here.

ReallyGoodUsername

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:6s::9h:

1605834056249.gif

buffalojim

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pocket 9's, well, because it's the best. Actually, I just run good with 9's, I flop lots of sets with this pair. Pocket J's, easily the worst hand. I'll fold it to any 3 bet pot. Curse you Jacks, curse you to hell!!!!

BrightlyDumb

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I've been prone to :5h: :3h: on occasion, but I try not to get too married to it. One of my largest cash wins was pocket aces vs 5-3, where the board came A-2-4. Needless to say, nobody saw it coming.

A guy at my regular game really loves to play any 6-3 combo, and wins at a higher percentage than likely with it.

JScott

Two Pair
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know a guy who’s affectionate for 47. it seems to work well for him.
That's the Hitman hand
My favorite hand is :kc::tc:, but that's not really a "strange" hand to play.

I have a poker game with my close friends, we all grew up listening to snoop dogg, Dr Dre in high school and thought we were super cool. Because of that Nine Deuce and Six Four get played a lot in that game.
I won my largest ever pot with that hand, but it's bit me since.
Nope......."favorite hands" usually just cost you money
I’m with you. Whenever I’m at a table with somebody who starts talking about their favorite stupid hand, I feel better about my situation.

25b631e08d96b2d30d9c60dde400aaee.gif

RowlettTexasChipGuy

Two Pair
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Queen Eight for me. in our local game it has magical power for me

and in Vegas I won 2 poker tournaments with them back to back against the same guy getting second place....

So it is my pet hand and will almost always see a flop with it unless pre flop bets have gotten stupid

Forty4

Full House
Reaction score
AQ emotional in that whenever I have it I lose whenever I’m against it I lose. I know that’s not 100% accurate because I know I have won with it so we’ll say 97% accurate.

JScott

Two Pair
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AQ emotional in that whenever I have it I lose whenever I’m against it I lose. I know that’s not 100% accurate because I know I have won with it so we’ll say 97% accurate.
I find that funny because last night I won an all in, lost an all in and chopped two all ins, all with AQ.

BGinGA

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:6s::3s: is often played by players in my group.

It all goes back to an early young agressive player who lost a huge pot with the hand vs a very-badly-played K9o held by a newbie in the group. He played it very aggressively, raising pre-flop and betting big every street while flopping two pair with 6 3 T, and losing to a runner-runner J Q straight to a lucky clueless player.

The next day, he made and emailed everybody a hilarious claymotion video, which started with "I look down to see six three sooooted in spades, so, of course, I raise." Street by street commentary followed, with the video ending with the now classic line, "Fucking donk."

15 years later, it's still funny as hell. Neither plays in the group any longer, but nearly everbody that still does knows the story, hands involved, and key catchphrases from the video.

JScott

Two Pair
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:6s::3s: is often played by players in my group.

It all goes back to an early young agressive player who lost a huge pot with the hand vs a very-badly-played K9o held by a newbie in the group. He played it very aggressively, raising pre-flop and betting big every street while flopping two pair with 6 3 T, and losing to a runner-runner J Q straight to a lucky clueless player.

The next day, he made and emailed everybody a hilarious claymotion video, which started with "I look down to see six three sooooted in spades, so, of course, I raise." Street by street commentary followed, with the video ending with the now classic line, "Fucking donk."

15 years later, it's still funny as hell. Neither plays in the group any longer, but nearly everbody that still does knows the story, hands involved, and key catchphrases from the video.
were one of your guys at the Bellagio this week? Because as I'm reading this thread I had Brad Owen's vlog in the background and there was a guy he named 63 offsuit. haha

Link to the video

stavman

Pair
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll play shit out of 7-2, but we always have a prop bet running on it.
I'm a big fan of suited connecters and even +1 +2 75 suited etc. If I can get in right in a cash game I will see the flop as often as I can.

Dix

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
The frozen mountain wilderness of W.Poland, Maine
1st live tournament I ever entered.... $150 buy-in, over $6k going to the winner.

I go to the final table as the chip leader, & hold the chip lead all the way down to 3-handed. I actually knocked out the 2nd stack on the 1st hand with a flopped set of Queens to his pocket Kings, giving me around 50% of the chips in play... 8-handed.

I get :as::5s: on the button. Raise it to 3xBB & get two shoves.

OK, so A-rag isn't likely ahead here, but even if the 2nd stack wins I still have him covered by over 3:1... so what the h*ll, I make the call.

Rivered the flush & took it down right there.

While I might not consider A-5 spades my "favorite" hand, I do kind of smile a bit when I see it.

cpac54

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll play shit out of 7-2, but we always have a prop bet running on it.
I'm a big fan of suited connecters and even +1 +2 75 suited etc. If I can get in right in a cash game I will see the flop as often as I can.
same here... I play 7-2 like they're aces. Other than that, no "emotional" hands that I play... my Gambol-O-Meter has it's limits.

redeagle

Pair
Reaction score
I’m casually superstitious, so it’s not so much a hand I’m emotionally inclined to play as a few I tend to not want to play. My first bust in a large tournament was holding K-5. Every time I get K-5 it reminds me of that day.

efdenny

Sitting Out
Reaction score
8-2, baby!

Story, as explained in another thread, it's become a legend in my league over the last 15 years.

In summary, early in our league I had a streak where I kept getting that hand in the big blind, no one would preflop raise, and I would flop the nuts or flop would check around and I'd make the straight or flush, and I'd turn it over and say "8-2, baby!" to multiple groans and threats of table flips. That has since evolved into everyone trying to play that hand and beat me with it, with very few successes (because that hand SUCKS!).

So, just a league insider joke, but a fun one. BTW - Don't play 8-2! :LOL: :laugh:

Schmendr1ck

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My group has an affection for 9-2 and some players will often play it for fun. They even named the group after it (before I joined).

The story isn't much different from a couple already told here: one player cracks the aces of another player with 92 early in the group's history, and the story becomes legend.

PXL_20201121_170144431.MP.jpg

Top Bottom