Do you guys have a separate plo set vs holdem? (1 Viewer)

RatKingTx

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I play both plo and holdem and I want to host both games down the line.
I was wondering since plo plays so much deeper with frequent bust and rebuy, if I'd need more chips than I have (500chips - 24 BIs).
I wanna hear your inputs.
We play nickel/dime btw.

If it gives you an excuse to buy more chips, then yes, you definitely need it.

I have separate sets for micro-stakes cash, 25c/50c cash, $1/$2 cash, 9 person tourney, 20 person tourney, limit (even though I've never played limit in my life), traveling sets for cash and tourney, and a super cheap set for playing poker in the pool.

I use both.
If I play in no limit I will use my odd set with 1, 5 , 25...
If I play Pot Limit I will use my pair set Denom (2, 10 and 100).
I play in €2-€2 blind

20210412_163111.jpg
20210328_200328.jpg

1 cash set should cover both games fine. I would recommend lowering the blinds for PLO if your players aren’t used to playing it yet. It plays much bigger and players will go bust much faster. To keep your players from getting burned out or going broke too fast playing a smaller stakes game is probably the best practice early on.

All my sets are PLO sets, but we play NLHE with them too. :cool
This ^

Make em big. My hold em uses $1. My plo just rolls 5/5 so we don’t use $1 chips. Not even for tips. It always also really depends on how deep you guys get. 500 chips for PLO is not effective in my games yet that’s prob fine for hold em with the right breakdown assuming you want everyone looking “short stacked”

If it gives you an excuse to buy more chips, then yes, you definitely need it.

I have separate sets for micro-stakes cash, 25c/50c cash, $1/$2 cash, 9 person tourney, 20 person tourney, limit (even though I've never played limit in my life), traveling sets for cash and tourney, and a super cheap set for playing poker in the pool.

Poker in the pool. Time to start building for that!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom