Do you call this turn jam? (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Ignition Hand #4075223133 Zone Poker ID#1692 HOLDEMZonePoker No Limit [MVS] - 2021-02-17 22:00:06 UTC
Table Info: Version: 1, Type: MVS, Stakes: $0.10-$0.25, Table: 005B0C08-0
Seat 1: Big Blind ($25.89 in chips)
Seat 2: UTG ($26.11 in chips)
Seat 3: UTG+1 ($17.39 in chips)
Seat 4: UTG+2 [ME] ($23.05 in chips)

Seat 5: Dealer ($34.63 in chips)
Seat 6: Small Blind ($33.66 in chips)

Small Blind : Small Blind $0.10
Big Blind : Big Blind $0.25

*** HOLE CARDS ***
UTG+2 [ME] : Card dealt to a spot :kh::as:

UTG : Folds
UTG+1 : Raises $0.75 to $0.75
UTG+2 [ME] : Raises $2.60 to $2.60
Dealer : Folds
Small Blind : Folds
Big Blind : Folds
UTG+1 : Calls $1.85
Pot is $5.55

*** FLOP *** :ac::2c::6h:
UTG+1 : Checks
UTG+2 [ME] : Bets $2.64
UTG+1 : Calls $2.64
Pot is $10.83

*** TURN *** :ac::2c::6h::4d:
UTG+1 : Checks
UTG+2 [ME] : Bets $5.15
UTG+1 : All-in(raise) $12.15 to $12.15
$7 to win $28.13

Hero?

These decisions are so awkward with zero reads whatsoever. It would be nice to know something about UTG+1 going into this.

Absent that, call. Stacks are relatively short, and I could see a lot of players making this play with a variety of hands: top pair, two pair, set, flush draw. Hell, it could be a desperation bluff/spaz with a pair in the 77-JJ (and maybe QQ-KK) range. You're ahead of some hands and have outs against most of them. Only sets really suck for you, but you can't expect to get away from sets very often when you catch a clean TPTK in a 3-bet pot that started off at 68 BB effective.

Feels like :ah::4h:, but he may be doing the same with some other Aces you beat including A3 and A5 that pick up additional equity. A 2.4x shove doesnt usually feel very bluffy, and turn raises are infrequently bluffs, but you're also getting 4:1 and have significant equity against two pair if you're currently beat. I'm only expecting to be drawing dead against 66 and maybe 44.

You can't fold (as mentioned here earlier) with these pot odds but it is obvious to me that villain flopped a set. It sucks, but it happens.

You can't fold (as mentioned here earlier) with these pot odds but it is obvious to me that villain flopped a set. It sucks, but it happens.
It's true that his line looks like a set, and I'd lean way in that direction if they'd started off 200 BB or deeper, but not so much when it started off 68 BB effective. A set is still well within the realm of possibility, but so are a lot of other hands.

I called and was surprised to see villain show :4c::6c:.
I see calling the flop and jamming turn into my obvious TP strength but calling my 3bet OOP cant be profitable with this hand.
River was :jd:

Yeah, he has to have A, and either 2,6, maybe 3? or 22 or 66. As others said, you have to call given the odds but you have to think you are beat.

Did some quick math. If villain can have AQ+, 22, 44, 66, 64, A2, A4, A6, (all combos, not just suited) it's still a call given the odds. Only if AQ is omitted would it be a fold. If he had draws of any sort, def a call.

Edit: the 64 was only suited

I called and was surprised to see villain show :4c::6c:.
I see calling the flop and jamming turn into my obvious TP strength but calling my 3bet OOP cant be profitable with this hand.
River was :jd:
Yeah, some players who like to go LAG have this leak. It's fine to raise preflop at a high frequency in some games (especially if your opponents never adjust or even realize you're doing it), but you can't also flat 3-bets with every hand you're raising with. Going to $0.75 and then calling $1.85 more with only $17 to start is a fool move that will relieve this particular fool of his bankroll pretty quickly.

Given the pot odds vs his range you only need above 20% equity to call in this spot he could easily have AQ or AJ or any two clubs or be trying to push you off a weak Ace with KK or QQ,

4 6 suited. What a dink.
(For the record, I’m a grumpy caller too, just because I assume he’s most likely an idiot if he’s ahead, so I have to see it.)

Another tricky villain playing suited connectors in early position for 6-max and stacking our hero. I don’t mind getting out of line every now and again with hands like this in early position — though in this particular spot it feels unwise given smaller effective stacks. That being said, if you are a good player post flop (ie know how to get way away from hands when you only sorta connect, and know how to stack an opponent when you do connect), it can be an EV+ play. You don’t want to do it often, but it makes you very hard to play against when you otherwise play your 10-15 best hands from this position. Tight opening ranges are helpful when you are bad post flop. Good post flop players can get out of line from time to time, and I would argue should get out of line from time to time to make your range difficult to play against.

And you were right to call given the pot odds, but were surely going to be beat every time.

I certainly open suited connectors and gappers occasionally from EP when deep. let’s me play both my hand and my range :) however I’m not calling a 3! with that hand as I don’t think it’s profitable even with the huge implied odds when I hit

Last edited:
@pharaohone Here's a sweet hand for Hero:

Ignition Hand #4068602162 Zone Poker ID#1692 HOLDEMZonePoker No Limit - 2021-02-04 17:44:36
Table Info: Version: 1, Type: Ignition, Stakes: $0.10-$0.25
Seat 1: UTG+1 ($31.14 in chips)
Seat 2: UTG+2 ($28.95 in chips)
Seat 3: Dealer [ME] ($28.58 in chips)
Seat 4: Small Blind ($14.40 in chips)
Seat 5: Big Blind ($45.05 in chips)
Seat 6: UTG ($58.82 in chips)

*** HOLE CARDS ***
UTG+1 : Card dealt to a spot [Kc Ks]
UTG+2 : Card dealt to a spot [4d Th]
Dealer [ME] : Card dealt to a spot [3c 5c]
Small Blind : Card dealt to a spot [9s 8d]
Big Blind : Card dealt to a spot [Jc Qd]
UTG : Card dealt to a spot [9c 5d]
UTG+2 : Folds
Dealer [ME] : Calls $0.75 I do like calling suited gappers occasionally when there isnt a lot of squeezing as I can throw them away if I miss the flop and when I hit woooo haaa!
Big Blind : Calls $0.50
Pot is $2.35

*** FLOP *** [5h 3h Ts]
Big Blind : Checks
UTG+1 : Bets $1.68 or 3/4 pot with pocket kings
Dealer [ME] : Raises $5.88 to $5.88 Hero raises (overbets) with two pairs
UTG+1 : All-in(raise) $28.71 to $30.39 Villain jams
Dealer [ME] : All-in $21.95

*** TURN *** [5h 3h Ts] [8s]
*** RIVER *** [5h 3h Ts 8s] [Qh] Villain does not improve :(
UTG+1 : Showdown [Ks Kc Qh Ts 8s] (One pair)
Dealer [ME] : Showdown [5h 5c 3h 3c Qh] (Two pair)
Dealer [ME] : Hand result $56.01

@pharaohone Here's a sweet hand for Hero:

Ignition Hand #4068602162 Zone Poker ID#1692 HOLDEMZonePoker No Limit - 2021-02-04 17:44:36
Table Info: Version: 1, Type: Ignition, Stakes: $0.10-$0.25
Seat 1: UTG+1 ($31.14 in chips)
Seat 2: UTG+2 ($28.95 in chips)
Seat 3: Dealer [ME] ($28.58 in chips)
Seat 4: Small Blind ($14.40 in chips)
Seat 5: Big Blind ($45.05 in chips)
Seat 6: UTG ($58.82 in chips)

*** HOLE CARDS ***
UTG+1 : Card dealt to a spot [Kc Ks]
UTG+2 : Card dealt to a spot [4d Th]
Dealer [ME] : Card dealt to a spot [3c 5c]
Small Blind : Card dealt to a spot [9s 8d]
Big Blind : Card dealt to a spot [Jc Qd]
UTG : Card dealt to a spot [9c 5d]
UTG+2 : Folds
Dealer [ME] : Calls $0.75 I do like calling suited gappers occasionally when there isnt a lot of squeezing as I can throw them away if I miss the flop and when I hit woooo haaa!
Big Blind : Calls $0.50
Pot is $2.35

*** FLOP *** [5h 3h Ts]
Big Blind : Checks
UTG+1 : Bets $1.68 or 3/4 pot with pocket kings
Dealer [ME] : Raises $5.88 to $5.88 Hero raises (overbets) with two pairs
UTG+1 : All-in(raise) $28.71 to $30.39 Villain jams
Dealer [ME] : All-in $21.95

*** TURN *** [5h 3h Ts] [8s]
*** RIVER *** [5h 3h Ts 8s] [Qh] Villain does not improve :(
UTG+1 : Showdown [Ks Kc Qh Ts 8s] (One pair)
Dealer [ME] : Showdown [5h 5c 3h 3c Qh] (Two pair)
Dealer [ME] : Hand result $56.01
Well played sir. Love a good stacking with some suited one gappers, especially when they call you a donkey in the chat window, not knowing that you played it correctly with over a hundred bigs behind.

God i hate it when crap cards suck out. What do people think pre flop!?!?! How can you call a rise pf with that?

Sux but god bless them for calling pf bets with such cards.

Thats no way to keep a stack.

Took 163 hands to win it back but I'm even now.

Yeah, but who is counting?

Rarely is a Villain who raises from EP with suited gappers going to fold pre-flop to a run of the mill re-raise.

Villain is a gambly player. Hard to tell if he is a maniac from this one hand.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom