Do you call this river raise? (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
25NL zone 6 max fast fold. CO limps and folds to Hero in BB. Hero checks junky hand OOP. Not raising here with this hand.

1618440634020.png

flop goes X/X

1618440711348.png

Turn gives Hero trips. Hero leads for just about a pot-sized bet. V calls.

1618440794817.png

River is a blank. Hero bets pot again and V raises to 2x. Hero?

1618440844847.png

Attachments

• 1618440748459.png
    1618440748459.png
    213.1 KB · Views: 76
Ya, I'm in the camp of maybe flatting here, seems fishy. I'd expect the villain to turn over ducks. But I also don't hate a raise, since the stacks aren't deep that you're in danger of busting. Don't think I'm folding.

call. I expect a lot of weak Aces, missed flushes and some case 7’s. 22 seems odd to call the turn bet but at these stakes anything is possible.

Definitely at least a call. Probably a raise. Not expecting to see ducks from villain here. More expecting to see villain with a suited ace who thought it would be good.

Looks like villain was trapping pre with AA and got super lucky. I’d still call, tilt, then open a PLO table and play for rollz. :whistle: :whistling:

FEAR. DOES NOT EXIST. IN THIS DOJO....

(raise and lose or break them)

edit: Posted after the hand revealed. Still would not change the action. Raise.

You're not folding trips in this situation. If you're beat you're beat.

A bigger question: these are zoom micros. What if any logic can we apply here?

In other words, how do people play at these stakes? Are they tricky/trappy to the point that we should actually exercise caution in a spot like this?

I'd like to analyze this as if the stakes don't matter... but I don't know that it's appropriate to do so. You have a trips and he has 3 bucks left. Set him in and if he folds his busted flush draw, you don't have to show your hand. And if you're beat, you buy one less grande latte enema tomorrow :)

You're not folding trips in this situation. If you're beat you're beat.

A bigger question: these are zoom micros. What if any logic can we apply here?

In other words, how do people play at these stakes? Are they tricky/trappy to the point that we should actually exercise caution in a spot like this?

I'd like to analyze this as if the stakes don't matter... but I don't know that it's appropriate to do so. You have a trips and he has 3 bucks left. Set him in and if he folds his busted flush draw, you don't have to show your hand. And if you're beat, you buy one less grande latte enema tomorrow :)
CLOCK

You call clock on my one more time and you'll be changing the name of your event this summer to the Dismemberment* in Dallas!

*None of your other guests will notice a difference when they see you, but your wife surely will!. Snip snip motherfucker hahaha!

You call clock on my one more time and you'll be changing the name of your event this summer to the Dismemberment* in Dallas!

*None of your other guests will notice a difference when they see you, but your wife surely will!. Snip snip motherfucker hahaha!
I've been snipped for 5 years now.

From V point for view, The way hero play, he either have a 6 or 7 or a pocket pair btw 8-10.

If V is willing to re-raise u he prob have 22 or AK either way u prob still leading.

I will prob just call re-raise and no 3 bet.

I called and V showed 22. I was very surprised V called a pot sized turn bet with 22.
Agreed. Weird line by villain, but easy shrug-call against a river min-raise on this board with trips.

Unrelated question that villain's tiny stack size made me think about: is there a reason you're sitting with only ~70ish BBs?

This hand is a beautiful illustration why 22 should only be played when you’re in the big blind in a limped pot (and then immediately folded to any flop that doesn’t include two more 2s.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom