Do you call this river bet? (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Ignition Hand #4073617030 Zone Poker ID#1692 HOLDEMZonePoker No Limit [MVS] - 2021-02-14 17:53:18 UTC
Table Info: Version: 1, Type: MVS, Stakes: $0.10-$0.25, Table: 001202EA-0
Seat 1: Big Blind ($34.89 in chips)
Seat 2: UTG ($53.41 in chips)
Seat 3: UTG+1 ($13.20 in chips)
Seat 4: UTG+2 [ME] ($26.45 in chips)
Seat 5: Dealer ($59.87 in chips)
Seat 6: Small Blind ($13.29 in chips)

*** HOLE CARDS ***
UTG+2 [ME] : Card dealt to a spot :qs::js:

UTG : Raises $0.75 to $0.75
UTG+1 : Calls $0.75
UTG+2 [ME] : Calls $0.75
Dealer : Folds
Small Blind : Folds
Big Blind : Calls $0.50
Pot is $2.95

*** FLOP *** :9s::4c::jd:
Big Blind : Checks
UTG : Checks
UTG+1 : Bets $0.50
UTG+2 [ME] : Calls $0.50
Big Blind : Calls $0.50
UTG : Calls $0.50
Pot is $4.85

*** TURN *** :9s::4c::jd::4s:
Big Blind : Checks
UTG : Checks
UTG+1 : Checks
UTG+2 [ME] : Checks
Pot is $4.85

*** RIVER *** :9s::4c::jd::4s::td:
Big Blind : Bets $2.43
UTG : Folds
UTG+1 : Folds

Hero blocks the obvious straight but V bet into 3 people. Do you call the 1/2 pot river bet?

Last edited:
A few thoughts:
- that’s a super tiny 1/6 pot bet on the flop from the utg player, I know that 1/4-1/3 is pretty std now, but with a decent top pair I may be raising that flop for some value and to knock a couple players off their equity.
-I’m betting that turn a lot of the time closing the action with top pair and a redraw to the flush for value and equity denial
- that turn card hits the bb range pretty hard, I think they have a lot of 4s and suited gappers that would continue on the flop for such a small size and make pretty nutted hands on this river, I lean towards fold

I didnt bet turn because I have a hard time estimating my equity in multi-way pots and play a bit more ABC as a result. HU I'm 86% to win on the turn so I would definitely bet. Four way, I just put it in pokercruncher and my equity drops to 64%. Multiway I'm too scared of all the hands that beat me like KJ, Axs, etc to bet here into three other players. Most of my online play is HU so these types of spots are outliers and I dont have enough experience to be comfortable yet.

I did call and V showed :kh::qc: for the rivered straight. I would probably call HU here but probably should have folded as he bet into 3 people which is pretty strong.

I'm betting on the flop and turn out of position with top pair and a picked up third nutted draw.

I'm trying to get others out of the hand five ways.

I didnt bet turn because I have a hard time estimating my equity in multi-way pots and play a bit more ABC as a result. HU I'm 86% to win on the turn so I would definitely bet. Four way, I just put it in pokercruncher and my equity drops to 64%. Multiway I'm too scared of all the hands that beat me like KJ, Axs, etc to bet here into three other players. Most of my online play is HU so these types of spots are outliers and I dont have enough experience to be comfortable yet.

i actually did not notice it was zone poker, not that it changes much since V was the BB anyway. but i do wonder if zone poker is your best option to get multi-way experience? i truly don't know because yes you see way more hands, but also you are going to be in way different situations than a regular table because people's ranges are so much smaller. and a larger proportion of hands raised pre-flop are just going to play out as heads-up anyway.

I think after UTG pre flop agressor checks flop, I'm raising that small bet made by UTG+1. Probably 4x in an attempt to isolate. This helps me get an idea of where I'm at.

As played I also fire that turn that bricks for the straight draw and gives us a bit more equity. In these zoom type games most combos containing a 4 are generally auto mucked.

As for river BB opening for 1/2 pot with 3 left to act, after flatting that weak flop and checking turn basically telegraphs that 10 improved him somehow. Pretty tricky spot. Despite my user name I don't see myself being skilled enough to find a fold in real time in this spot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom