Do you call on the river? (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Anonymous 6 max fast fold. No HUDs or reads.

Ignition Hand #4070234076 Zone Poker ID#1692 HOLDEMZonePoker No Limit - 2021-02-07 18:56:38
Table Info: Version: 1, Type: Ignition, Stakes: $0.10-$0.25
Seat 1: UTG+1 ($27.32 in chips)
Seat 2: UTG+2 ($18.25 in chips)
Seat 3: Dealer [ME] ($25 in chips)
Seat 4: Small Blind ($29.62 in chips)
Seat 5: Big Blind ($27.95 in chips)
Seat 6: UTG ($20.09 in chips)

Small Blind : Small Blind $0.10
Big Blind : Big blind $0.25

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealer [ME] : Card dealt to a spot :8c::8h:

UTG : Raises $0.50 to $0.50

UTG+1 : Folds
UTG+2 : Folds
Dealer [ME] : Calls $0.50
Small Blind : Folds
Big Blind : Folds
Pot is $1.35

*** FLOP *** :8d::9c::kc:
UTG : Bets $0.50
Dealer [ME] : Calls $0.50
Pot is $2.35

*** TURN *** :8d::9c::kc::as:
UTG : Checks
Dealer [ME] : Bets $1.68
UTG : Raises $3.73 to $3.73
Dealer [ME] : Raises $9.33 to $11.01
UTG : Calls $7.28
Pot is $24.37

*** RIVER *** :8d::9c::kc::as::3c:
UTG : All-in $8.08 (Villain jams)
Hero has $12.99 behind. Pot is $32.45

Hero?

Without thinking about this too much it seems his holdings could be 99, AA, KK, AK maybe AQc? For the sizing of 25% of pot, I think you have to call but not be thrilled about it.

First of all, you've got to raise that flop. It's very wet and you can have a lot of combo draws presumably that you'd want to bluff with. If you aren't raising a set, then what are you raising here? You can't have KK, AK, K8, or K9. So that leaves 89, sets, and draws. So if you aren't raising sets, then you basically aren't raising anything.

On turn after you call the raise there is almost $10 in the pot with ~$15-16 behind. I probably just jam because all other raise sizes just end up being awkward. This also gives you max fold equity on bluffs. Now at these stakes, I generally think anyone check raising the turn isn't folding to any bet, so just jam.

On river, not sure you can fold getting 4 to 1 when villain can have all the AK here. But that's just my instinct.

Edit: Missread action initially. Fixed my post.

Last edited:
The action on the Turn is strange to me. He check-raises you, you re-raise him, and he just calls....? With only $8 left?

I could see him having something like :qc::jc:.

I feel like the action that took place on the turn should’ve taken place on the flop. When the turn came you could’ve jammed if he checked or you would’ve at least had a bit of an easier call if he jammed first without that third club out there.

As a general principal, UTG open raises sound the alarm for big hands like AA-KK but I’m less worried about it 6 handed.

First of all, you've got to raise that flop. It's very wet and you can have a lot of combo draws presumably that you'd want to bluff with. If you aren't raising a set, then what are you raising here? You can't have KK, AK, K8, or K9. So that leaves 89, sets, and draws. So if you aren't raising sets, then you basically aren't raising anything.
Not sure why I didnt raise flop with the FD and SD out there, so I agree with this. I was two-tabling zone and maybe misclicked.

I think 1/3 pot on flop is often a miss/range bet. He doesnt seem to be protecting anything just betting his range smallish to try and get a fold if I missed.
I think in this game if V had connected we would see 1/2 pot or slightly more.

Aggression on turn smells like Ax. If it is Ax suited I could be in trouble but I think V might have bet larger on flop with the NFD so my guess was no clubs or maybe bare Ac

I called because the weird action on the turn didnt link his hand to the NFD but to the A, plus I was getting good odds and if I'm at the top of my range here.

Villain showed :ah::ts:

You can't build up a pot that's three times the size of effective stacks, with a hand as strong as a set no less, and then fold the river for that last undersized bet. You may as well light your money on fire. It's a crying call, but you gotta do it.

Also, +1 to everyone who said to raise the flop. Way too wet of a board, gotta make 'em pay.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom