DIY Poker Table Legs (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m going to redo my old table and lose the folding legs. I’m going to leave the table in my mancave/bar/poker room so no more folding it up and storing it.

For those who’ve built table legs or have experience with them I’d love to hear your thoughts on what you like and don’t like.

Which legs do you find sturdiest, easiest to make, etc.

I keep scouring FB marketplace and CL hoping to find an old dining room table I can scavenge pedestals from but not luck.

Right now I’m leaning toward doing X-style farmhouse table legs, any of you made these before?

Thanks in advance for all the replies and assistance.

I did some on an office desk i built a few yrs ago. Pretty easy to do once you figure out your height and width you want. Heres some pics of the finished product. I can see if can find the prototypes that aren't fastened together to give you a better idea. These are just 2 4x4s that I mitered half way through at the middle and then glued together
20201118_140851.jpg
20201118_140857.jpg
20201118_140904.jpg
20201118_140930.jpg
20201118_140937.jpg

I plan on using these on my permanent table whenever I get around to building it

Link to original thread with some more pics

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/finally-finished-the-wifes-christmas-presents.9654/

Last edited:
@Al Azouri LOVE the pedestal base; I was thinking of doing something similar to the table I'm about to build. Do you have a rough idea of the length of both the top and bottom end pieces by chance? Eyeballing your pic, I'm thinking it's about 30" for the top end piece and maybe 36" on the bottom?

Here are some plans I drew up before building it. It's mostly built from 2x6's ripped down to 5 inches to square off the sides. And you'll need about 5 feet of 4x4. And 12 lag bolts to hold it all together. A table saw and a chop saw will make quick work of it.

Let me know if you need additional measurements, but the design is very flexible. You can tailor it to your specific need.

Word of warning. It weighs quit a bit and is super sturdy. It's where I'll be hiding if the end of days comes. But wit the lag bolts it comes apart easily if you have to move some day.

It might also make a very nice coffin stand for that ultimate move in the distant future.

Pedestal Legs.png

Here are some plans I drew up before building it. It's mostly built from 2x6's ripped down to 5 inches to square off the sides. And you'll need about 5 feet of 4x4. And 12 lag bolts to hold it all together. A table saw and a chop saw will make quick work of it.

Let me know if you need additional measurements, but the design is very flexible. You can tailor it to your specific need.

Word of warning. It weighs quit a bit and is super sturdy. It's where I'll be hiding if the end of days comes. But wit the lag bolts it comes apart easily if you have to move some day.

It might also make a very nice coffin stand for that ultimate move in the distant future.

View attachment 942429
@Al Azouri Thanks for sharing the plans and cut sheets! This is awesome! I also like the comment about using this as a coffin which will come in handy for me too once my wife finds out how much I'm spending on building this table. Very much appreciate it!

I drew up plans for a 3/4” raised lighted rail, racetrack table if those are of any interest.

I drew up plans for a 3/4” raised lighted rail, racetrack table if those are of any interest.
Sure! I'll take whatever you're ok sharing with me? Got any spare THC chips sitting around, I'll take those as well. LOL!

What's funny is my table plans (drawn on graph paper) are also based on a 3/4" raised lighted rail with a racetrack, so that's funny. Unintentionally, I'm going with kind of a Sith color scheme. I've got red SSC, black whisper vinyl, black aluminum cup holders, and true black stain for the racetrack. Then I'm going with a warm white LED neon flex light that will sit under the raised rail. I do love Star Wars but the color scheme is just a coincidence.

Thanks again and appreciate the help!

Sure! I'll take whatever you're ok sharing with me? Got any spare THC chips sitting around, I'll take those as well. LOL!

What's funny is my table plans (drawn on graph paper) are also based on a 3/4" raised lighted rail with a racetrack, so that's funny. Unintentionally, I'm going with kind of a Sith color scheme. I've got red SSC, black whisper vinyl, black aluminum cup holders, and true black stain for the racetrack. Then I'm going with a warm white LED neon flex light that will sit under the raised rail. I do love Star Wars but the color scheme is just a coincidence.

Thanks again and appreciate the help!
Can’t wait to see what that’s gonna look like.

Can’t wait to see what that’s gonna look like.
Will post pics once done. Starting on the top tomorrow. Will do legs/base next weekend most likely.

Going with Poplar for the racetrack which I love since it takes stain/paint really well. I'm curious what the Minwax True Black will end up looking like on it. I've never stained anything black so fingers crossed!

Good luck. I recommend testing it out on some scraps. Not only to see how it looks but to get the hang of how it goes on and how long you want to let it soak in.

Here are screenshots of my drawings in case they are of any use:

Rail Cross Section
Rail Cross Section.png

Sheets
Sheets.png

Assemblies
Assemblies.png

USB Plug Mounts
USB Plugs.png

Chip Drawer
Chip Drawer.png

Chip Drawer Detail
Chip Drawer Detail.png

Hey guys, I’m going to redo my old table and lose the folding legs. I’m going to leave the table in my mancave/bar/poker room so no more folding it up and storing it.

For those who’ve built table legs or have experience with them I’d love to hear your thoughts on what you like and don’t like.

Which legs do you find sturdiest, easiest to make, etc.

I keep scouring FB marketplace and CL hoping to find an old dining room table I can scavenge pedestals from but not luck.

Right now I’m leaning toward doing X-style farmhouse table legs, any of you made these before?

Thanks in advance for all the replies and assistance.
I bet you can find an old table with a pedestal base at any goodwill or thrift store pretty cheap.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom