DIY case for 43mm chips using dense foam - WHAT KIND? (1 Viewer)

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Who knows foam?
I think I've had a breakthrough idea for case-storage of 43mm chips. Pull the guts out of a regular chip case (or just use any old case from a briefcase to a pelican) and replace with custom cut foam or foam rubber, or whatever. Not the pick and pluck kind of foam - I'm looking for something much denser, cut to snugly hold loose chips. Essentially I'm looking to copy this cheapo case, just on a larger scale, and with improvements.
image.jpg

But my problem is, I don't know what kind of foam I need. I'm sure this website has it - http://www.foambymail.com/ - but I don't have the vocabulary; I don't know what's what.

So does anybody understand what I'm trying to do, and knows enough about foam to know what kind I should order?

Last edited:
Looking at their website and descriptions, it seems like any of the Lux foams would be what you are looking for. They all state that they are good for packaging. You could probably give them a call and they should be able to answer any questions. Who knows, if you have a good experience maybe they will get some extra business from some around here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom