• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Discovery Cruise Chips (1 Viewer)

No breakdown listed in the ad, and says local pickup only in Las Vegas. Might be able to work with the seller outside of eBay if local

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Discovery-...m=392218810208&_trksid=p2047675.c100013.m1986

Love spending thousands on a seller with 0 feedbacks.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he thinks he can get the bids on eBay and then after it’s over just get the cash straight up from you when you pickup and avoid eBay fees.
I can imagine about a dozen fucked up ways this can end with a newbie seller.

Nice chips though.

Breakdown:

$1: 610
$5: 313
$25: 312
$100: 137
$500: 43
.50: 99
Total= 1514 chips

These were originally included with a craigslist ad for the blackjack table. I started negotiations with the seller just for the chips and then they looked up prices on @Spinettis Gaming website and countered my offer with $5,000 . . . "which is $2,000 below retail".

seller has reached out to me for some help. they are helping a parent whose husband has passed. i'm going to suggest they offer shipping and lower the starting bid.

Last edited:
$1: 610
$5: 313
$25: 312
$100: 137
$500: 43
.50: 99
Total= 1514 chips

These were originally included with a craigslist ad for the blackjack table. I started negotiations with the seller just for the chips and then they looked up prices on @Spinettis Gaming website and countered my offer with $5,000 . . . "which is $2,000 below retail".

seller has reached out to me for some help. they are helping a parent whose husband has passed. i'm going to suggest they offer shipping and lower the starting bid.
I'm interested in this set because:
- In general, they are cool chips.
- I have some of the $25s already. (around 3 barrels, IIRC). They are rounded to the point where they don't balance on edge easily, but still not flat like bicycle tires.
- I'll be in Vegas the middle/end of next week. (But I really don't have time to deal with an unmotivated/unwilling seller. I could try to make time to pick up and pay for the chips, if someone has arranged a deal by the time I get there. I'd probably bring packing supplies with me, to mail the chips to me back home.)

If you're looking to help them out, you could try to explain to them that Spinetti's probably only sells a few singles of the Discovery Cruise single chips each week. So if a seller has all the time in the world and want to try to get rid of them chip by chip, and ship to dozens of different buyers, they might get close to realizing the "retail" price for a handful of individual chips. But they're very unlikely to sell all the chips that way, and it would take years.

Alternatively, maybe even suggest they call over to Spinetti's and see if Spinneti's would give them a price to buy the chips from them, and they could take the chips to Spinnetti's. (At least that will be a more realistic target number for them to understand. Who knows, maybe Spinnetti's (if they even give an offer), would be $1000, and that might motivate them to sell at a more reasonable price of $1200, $1300?

Well, starting bid is now $2000. Go get 'em.
still too high imo.
Yeah. And I see there's a reserve on the eBay price as well.

Man I love these. The breakdown is less than ideal, but if I was buying a set I think I would pay $2000. Obviously don't know what the reserve is.

I'm interested in this set because:
- In general, they are cool chips.
- I have some of the $25s already. (around 3 barrels, IIRC). They are rounded to the point where they don't balance on edge easily, but still not flat like bicycle tires.
- I'll be in Vegas the middle/end of next week. (But I really don't have time to deal with an unmotivated/unwilling seller. I could try to make time to pick up and pay for the chips, if someone has arranged a deal by the time I get there. I'd probably bring packing supplies with me, to mail the chips to me back home.)

If you're looking to help them out, you could try to explain to them that Spinetti's probably only sells a few singles of the Discovery Cruise single chips each week. So if a seller has all the time in the world and want to try to get rid of them chip by chip, and ship to dozens of different buyers, they might get close to realizing the "retail" price for a handful of individual chips. But they're very unlikely to sell all the chips that way, and it would take years.

Alternatively, maybe even suggest they call over to Spinetti's and see if Spinneti's would give them a price to buy the chips from them, and they could take the chips to Spinnetti's. (At least that will be a more realistic target number for them to understand. Who knows, maybe Spinnetti's (if they even give an offer), would be $1000, and that might motivate them to sell at a more reasonable price of $1200, $1300?

Yeah. And I see there's a reserve on the eBay price as well.
View attachment 238497
Hmm, that's new, I was thinking a $2000 bid might take em... If there were more $500s I might grab em for the tourney denoms

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom