Discount Shipping; Free Account; Printable Labels... (2 Viewers)

Parrothedd

Straight
Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Everyone:

I thought I'd pass along a shipping site I ran across when I needed to ship some chips.

Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 10.13.15 AM.png

https://www.pirateship.com/rates

They charge the standard commercial rates without any monthly fees or minimums. I saved about 18% on average I think. Check them out before you print your labels from home on USPS!

JT

Thanks for the link, no improvement for intern. chippers :(

A large international FRB is cheaper than equivalent on pirateship ($102 vs $105)

Second this. Just found this thread and was wondering if anybody else started using their service. Started off using it for my wife's products and bulk shipping. Signed up from my end as well to take advantage of savings.

Here are the advantages I see from using PirateShip so far:

1) Convenience. Every single shipment from my end whether domestic or outside of the US has been sent out without even having to step foot in a nearby post office. Purchased the labels, pack and stick the label on from home, and have the mailman take it. PirateShip will even allow you to digitally fill in Customs Declarations forms that have to be attached to an international shipment. Normally you have to grab those at the post office, fill them out by hand, make sure you press hard enough for the carbon paper to do its job, then wait in line to send it out.

2) Savings. As @Parrothedd mentioned, the savings add up. I also came across a tip on their website to not always send in MFRB or LFRB. If the recipient is in a nearby Zone, you're saving money by sending it in your own box. Perfect example are the three racks going to someone via a giveaway I ran. They're going to Vegas. Just calculated the cost on PirateShip in my own box measuring 8x8x8. Cost is just a shade over $8 compared to a MFRB retail cost of $15.05 or even the discounted PirateShip rate of $13.20.

3) No delivery problems due to legibility. Everything is printed right on the label as it's entered into the system. I've gone a step further due to my wife's online business and print the labels using a thermal printer. Print, stick, go.

4) It's free. You can't say no to saving money for free?! No catches. Entirely free service to use.

How does this site compare to PayPal multi order shipping?

Through PayPal but I didn't know they had a "multi ship" option
When you log in to your PayPal account, search for multi order shipping. I had to search a number of times before it eventually just became one of my quick links on my PayPal home page.

From what I have seen online, PayPal shipping discounts are the same as Pirate Ship. Granted, I haven’t done much investigating.

When you log in to your PayPal account, search for multi order shipping. I had to search a number of times before it eventually just became one of my quick links on my PayPal home page.
Okay good to know I'll check that out, I usually print them all one at a time

From what I have seen online, PayPal shipping discounts are the same as Pirate Ship. Granted, I haven’t done much investigating.

They are but the ease of using PirateShip allows for a lab monkey to click through and make the purchase. It’s really that easy.

I'd be happy to give it a try, but don't want to be held liable for anything that goes missing through a rando company

You won’t. The postage is USPS postage just like buying it from them but it’s a pre-negotiated rate with companies like PirateShip at a discount. The claim process would still go through USPS if something happens to a package.

I wouldn't need it for myself, but perhaps others with more proliferative exchanges might?

I just shipped out 140+ boxes from my end. Came in SUPER handy. Uploaded the addresses via Excel sheet and printed all the labels in under a couple minutes. Crazy efficient.

They are but the ease of using PirateShip allows for a lab monkey to click through and make the purchase. It’s really that easy.
One bonus about using PayPal is that I can use my PayPal balance to pay for the shipping.

One bonus about using PayPal is that I can use my PayPal balance to pay for the shipping.

Ahhh, nice feature! So I guess with that said, PirateShip for when I use my work credit card for work stuff and PayPal if I just want to withdraw from balance. Then again, why say no to free credit card points? Lol

Oh holy shite that's so much easier

I just sent out a couple of small flat rate boxes. Pirate Ship was about $2.00 cheaper than going through the USPS website. Not sure how big of a deal this is for a one off transaction, but if your sending multiple racks a year it could be a decent savings.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom