Disco ball and lights during home poker games? (1 Viewer)

SpaceMonkey420

Full House
Reaction score
Ok. Over the years I’ve done many experiments with music and Home Poker games. We locally have all come to the conclusion that hip-hop increases pot sizes sometimes up to 10X. We have also determined that reggae slows down the pot and the pace, classic rock seems to be a nice medium. Keep in mind, Dr. Dre, Snoop Doggy Dogg, Tupac Shakur, and The Notorious B.I.G. being the true all stars I’ve started to now mess with lighting.

The last several games I did some with “the works” even the down lighting and disco ball etx, I did sone with the lights fully dimmed, and one with the lights colored blue and some soft slow flashing nights on some accent walls. Some games I did absolutely nothing fancy.

Now I noticed “the works” disco ball games went much longer and ran much bigger. The dimmed games all ended early, and the colored lights went about normal. Not one player has mentioned any lighting to me ever during any games. I wonder how much it effects garage games? Im waiting for one player to mention it.

Meanwhile,
Anyone here with lighting have any input? I’ve only really done sound on a pro level.

I want the games live and long.
Juicy and Fat comes to mind.
Disco fever, or those games were lucky flukes? Dimm is in???

CD6D3C53-6CBD-456B-82A6-3925F20BF2DE.jpeg
1B51D264-B0A0-4C6D-92A4-00B4742F2A41.jpeg

Last edited:
I'd say light and bright. In the rare occasion a light went out in our poker room, it had an obvious effect on the game that was dimmed. Table changes, people complaining, game breaks way early.

I always believed atmosphere impacts the game almost more than the game itself.

I'm a lighting stickler myself. Ideal imo is dim outside the table, maybe some dim lamps, and then bright focused lighting above the felt.

I’ve threatened to use the strobe option on my LED table if anyone bluffs me. It’s kind of a nuclear option though because it would give half the table a seizure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom