Disappointed again

Reaction score
Welp, just got in my sample set of the bank set, and just as I hoped they wouldn't be, they are exactly the same trash as the magestics. Due to the blunting of the edges and poor quality, they do not shuffle worth a crud. Now I understand the importance of 90 degree edges and smooth finish! Ugh, ceramics here I come lol

Eriks

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good thing you got samples then. I used to own a set of Royals and even though I really liked it, I decided it's wasn't a keeper set. Ceramics are nice, I really like the Brpropoker ones but do yourself a favour and get some clay samples as well if you haven't already. There's a good chance that's where you'll end up eventually anyway.

BearMetal

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love ceramics, but I like to reserve them for when I need gorgeous full face art on my chips. I never liked the way that the cheap China clays felt/shuffled ... Until I got my Royals. They shuffle like butter. Yes, they don't have sharp edges. But sharp edges are a luxury that quickly disappears as Paulson chips are used.

The best feeling/shuffling/sounding/looking chips are broken-in, leaded THC.

allforcharity

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welp, just got in my sample set of the bank set, and just as I hoped they wouldn't be, they are exactly the same trash as the magestics. Due to the blunting of the edges and poor quality, they do not shuffle worth a crud. Now I understand the importance of 90 degree edges and smooth finish! Ugh, ceramics here I come lol

There are sample sets of higher end chips available for free evaluation, just sign up in the thread near the top of the Poker Chip General section.

Top Bottom