Digital Display(s) Built Into Table - How? (1 Viewer)

FDLmold

Royal Flush
Reaction score
So I host a mixed game dealer's choice. Very successful getting it off the ground, very good feedback so far. Played badugi and triple draw 2-7 for the first time last night as part of the rotation and everybody loved those too.

At any rate, I have isolated the graphics for these:

from abby99's wonderful PCF resource. I'm building a new 7x4 table this spring/summer from this base:

and I've determined that it would be super cool to have a digital display at each end of the table indicating what the current rotation is.

So how the heck would I pull that off? I'm thinking a couple of cutouts in the surface on each end. I'll have a table fabric insert for the times we are not playing poker, then the digital display inserts for the times that we are. Maybe? It's probably more trouble than it's worth, but I don't mind trouble.

With that in mind I recall basketball courts using technology to create 3d visual effects as well as animations projected onto the court. Now that would be cool! After winning a hand say fireworks explode from around where your cards sit. Blackjack looking like a nuclear bomb went off on the table. Possibilities are pretty endless.

I can envision a pack mule delivering virtual chips across the table after a large pot was particularly hotly contested....

And an occasion transformation of the entire table surface into a Koi pond with a lone shark swimming along the outside perimeter.

I just need to figure out what color of TChan's gaming suede this will show up on the best. Thinking light gray.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom