Difference in singles vs. rack values (1 Viewer)

Colquhoun

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
I have a rack of ‘98 Bellagio $1s that I am considering letting go, and did a little research on value on eBay.
The singles are going consistently for $6-7 per chip with shipping. Yet, 10 of them sold recently in a lot for $33.

Is the difference between singles and as few as 10 that different, or maybe that one sale of 10 was maybe a steal?

Do you think a rack of these is in the $3 per chip range or higher?

I think its really hard to equate singles pricing to rack pricing as they are very different markets with different mentalities and end state goals.

I’m not sure singles pricing could be for used for even a loose rough guage for rack pricing (or vice versa). Just too different IMHO

I think its really hard to equate singles pricing to rack pricing as they are very different markets with different mentalities and end state goals.

I’m not sure singles pricing could be for used for even a loose rough guage for rack pricing (or vice versa). Just too different IMHO
I agree.
Also: think of the labor of shipping 100 individual chips vs one rack.
I am cleaning house now, and was thinking about this just now. Is it worth my time? Probably not. No wait: it's not. I won't be quitting my day job for that.
I would rather sell my singles in lots to whoever wants them at an in-between price and leave it to the buyer to chop/selloff.

I think it’s just that a lot of 10 is stupid. Who wants a lot of 10? It’s 9 more than the singles collectors needs. It’s 90 fewer than the set collector wants. I think with Facebook sales, you have to think in terms of WHO is going to buy this?
Yeah, I think you have a rack that’s worth $300 minimum, considering today’s prices. Probably more. Because you have to consider that if they’re selling for $6 as singles, people are actually paying $8-10 after shipping. So yeah, even a singles seller would probably pay you $300, and I would guess a set collector would go higher.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom