Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I picked up a DIECAR set that was short on these $5s

PXL_20230110_075724086.jpg

but came with an extra rack of randomly stamped blues

PXL_20230110_075819613.jpg

PXL_20230110_080039484.jpg

To be clear, by random I mean a lot of them even have different stamps on each side as well as a variety overall.

Anyone have some red $5s in similar condition that they'd be willing to trade for these blues? The other denominations in the set aren't even either so I would also trade small quantities of yellow 25c, white $1, or green $25s if it can help balance the set overall.

If you have yellow 25c or white $1s in the same style I might be willing to trade for those if no red $5s are available after some time, but would strongly prefer the red $5s.

I don't know if it helps but in a couple of months, th DieCar mold will be in use at CPC (I've filled an order).
So, if you need to order by the rack, it could be an option maybe.

I have several racks of red DIECAR hotstamps, but they aren't $5s:

PXL_20230110_221220920.jpg

I'd be happy to trade some of these away for a rack of blue.

I don't know if it helps but in a couple of months, th DieCar mold will be in use at CPC (I've filled an order).
So, if you need to order by the rack, it could be an option maybe.

Thanks for letting me know! I pulled out my CPC color sample set and it doesn't look like any of the current colors quite match. I also took a peak at their site and don't think the stamp on the chips I have is a stock die. So if I read everything and did all the math right I'd be looking at about $575 for the 300 chip min order. So I think I'll search around for some second hand ones for awhile first. Great idea though. Nice to know it is an option if I can't find them anywhere else.

PXL_20230111_055257740.MP.jpg

I have several racks of red DIECAR hotstamps, but they aren't $5

Awesome! It's hard to tell for sure in different pictures but those sure look like a color match. The stamp font also seems to match what's on the blues so that makes me more confident. If there are no responses from folks with matching color and denomination in the next few days then I'd be willing to trade them 1:1 for my rack of blues and also perhaps purchase an extra rack of the reds from you depending on asking price, if you're open to it (not required for the swap). Then the set would at least be playable while I continue my search.

You've got the OG DieCar chips so the CPC colors won't match like you found out. I recently picked up this set locally. If it weren't an almost complete set (missing 1 chip) I'd be more than happy to help you out on the red chips.

JLS DieCar (1).jpg

Thanks for letting me know! I pulled out my CPC color sample set and it doesn't look like any of the current colors quite match. I also took a peak at their site and don't think the stamp on the chips I have is a stock die. So if I read everything and did all the math right I'd be looking at about $575 for the 300 chip min order. So I think I'll search around for some second hand ones for awhile first. Great idea though. Nice to know it is an option if I can't find them anywhere else.

View attachment 1056597

Awesome! It's hard to tell for sure in different pictures but those sure look like a color match. The stamp font also seems to match what's on the blues so that makes me more confident. If there are no responses from folks with matching color and denomination in the next few days then I'd be willing to trade them 1:1 for my rack of blues and also perhaps purchase an extra rack of the reds from you depending on asking price, if you're open to it (not required for the swap). Then the set would at least be playable while I continue my search.
The FUN chips are a slightly different shade of red than the Somebody's - but so close that I honestly hadn't noticed until pulling them out yesterday. It is hard to see the difference in all but the brightest light.

If we end up going this way and it matters to you, you can send me one of your $5 chips, and I'll send you whichever chips are the closest color match. I can do two racks no problem.

Also FYI, I will be in Austin for @Breich's meetup until Sunday.

I have an old ASM color set, but they're not labeled. I did the best I could here with a quick phone shot of the three reds in the set:

With flash:
PXL_20230111_205848961.jpg

Without flash, moderate room lighting. This shot exaggerates the color differences compared to naked eye (probably due to automatic color balancing) but I wanted to include it anyway.
PXL_20230111_205905483.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom