Did WSOP Stop Using T25? (1 Viewer)

Sprinsd

Flush
Reaction score
This has probably been discussed but most structures I’ve seen start with T100 small blind and antes kick in at 100. Also, not seeing T25s in a lot of pictures. What happened to the T25?

This year the WSOP has:

1) Increased a lot of starting stacks
2) Moved to a faster blind structure
3) Is using the big blind ante strategy in their non-big bet games

All of which make the T25s unnecessary.

This has seen a huge decrease in T25 chips. Since most tournaments that are not big bet games use the primary chips (Paulson and an increase in Bud Jones this year), The Day Green Paulson and Army Green Bud Jones T25s have not been used yet (to my knowledge).

The big bet games like Seven card, Seven Card Hi-Lo, and Razz still use T25s as they cannot do big blind antes since there is not a big blind. These are the events where you will see the T25s, but these events historically use the secondary Paulsons with the Munzell Green Davin pictured above.

View attachment 299452

This year the WSOP has:

1) Increased a lot of starting stacks
2) Moved to a faster blind structure
3) Is using the big blind ante strategy in their non-big bet games

All of which make the T25s unnecessary.

This has seen a huge decrease in T25 chips. Since most tournaments that are not big bet games use the primary chips (Paulson and an increase in Bud Jones this year), The Day Green Paulson and Army Green Bud Jones T25s have not been used yet (to my knowledge).

The big bet games like Seven card, Seven Card Hi-Lo, and Razz still use T25s as they cannot do big blind antes since there is not a big blind. These are the events where you will see the T25s, but these events historically use the secondary Paulsons with the Munzell Green Davin pictured above.
well explained, i was waiting for you to chime in so i didn't need to write all that lol

Ya, they're still used in mixed games. We had them in the HORSE event. But they took them out of the holdem events when they switched those over to a big blind ante structure.

If you are looking for one, let me know. I might be able to get you one. I know a guy that has a few.

Ya, they're still used in mixed games. We had them in the HORSE event. But they took them out of the holdem events when they switched those over to a big blind ante structure.

View attachment 299643

If you are looking for one, let me know. I might be able to get you one. I know a guy that has a few.

View attachment 299644
he might have won that tourney if he kept them in play

My guess is you'll mostly see the T25s in the limit games, and the limit tournaments use the house-mold set shown in previous posts here. But there are some non-limit tournaments that may still use the old T25s, looking specifically at the $2500 Mixed Big Bet tournament starting tomorrow.

My guess is you'll mostly see the T25s in the limit games, and the limit tournaments use the house-mold set shown in previous posts here. But there are some non-limit tournaments that may still use the old T25s, looking specifically at the $2500 Mixed Big Bet tournament starting tomorrow.
I was wrong. The Mixed Big Bet is using the house molds from the limit tournaments.

Capture.JPG

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom