Dice Storage Boxes (1 Viewer)

mnebesny

Flush
Reaction score
Where/how do you guys store your dice in between use. Right now I have a big Ziploc bag, but I think it's time for an upgrade.

I'm looking for something like what @JrChief8 's dice come in, but I don't really need more dice, just the boxes. I've tried looking on eBay/AliExpress but haven't really found what I'm looking for. I'm also open to other ideas. I suppose I could always buy the boxes with the dice in them and just resell the dice either here or on eBay...

1607730103067.png

@One Eyed Dollar are you able to 3D print a case/container?
I tried 3d printing one myself but I have a relatively cheap 3d printer. The end result ended up having too many burrs that scratched the dice and even after sanding it wasn't ideal :( Maybe more professional 3d printers might have better luck, I'm a real newb

I tried 3d printing one myself but I have a relatively cheap 3d printer. The end result ended up having too many burrs that scratched the dice and even after sanding it wasn't ideal :( Maybe more professional 3d printers might have better luck, I'm a real newb
That’s a bummer. 3D printing anything is a huge accomplishment though! Have you considered lining it with soft cloth or velvet to eliminate contact with the plastic?

That’s a bummer. 3D printing anything is a huge accomplishment though! Have you considered lining it with soft cloth or velvet to eliminate contact.
I definitely did, but figured for the cost and time of buying the velvet and applying it (I'm not the most crafty person) I might be farther ahead to buy a pre-fab solution, if one exists, but then I couldn't find anything and decided to ask what other people do. If I don't get any better ideas I may still give it a shot.

@One Eyed Dollar are you able to 3D print a case/container?
I'm willing to give it a shot. I haven't seen the dice containers from the first post before. Did you ask @JrChief8 if he sells the boxes separate or where he gets them from?

@mnebesny if you want to share your 3D model I can take a look and see if I could print it smoother.

I just searched “dice” to see what popped up and this was first on the list. I usually just keep em on the table or drink rail but never thought of storage container.

The first thing that came to my mind was tackle box. Maybe the clear ones that store large lures. Because those in the OP look like what they use sometimes for packing new tackle.

Just didn’t eBay search and try looking up “small clear rigid snap box” or “card storage box”.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom