Dice Chips - Are They Edible? If Not, Then What (2 Viewers)

merkong

Flush
Reaction score
So, I used to direct an annual poker tournament (2-4 nights each year) for our municipality that coincided with our town celebration and the Fourth of July. We did chip for chip and at each of the breaks we would reset the blinds to 1/2 and remove half of everyone’s chips from the room (huge tent). It worked great. Mind you, we were playing for a few hundred dollars worth of prizes (1st -5th) and booby prizes that we would randomly draw names for during the 3 hour tournament. It really was awesome. The good players even understood what we were doing (providing free entertainment and exposing people to the game) and the new players had a chance to safely play the game. Fun by all.

I’m reminiscing.

Here’s my question… What the heck does a guy do with about 3000 dice chips. I’ve thought about racking them up and sending them back to college with any of the dozen or so former HS classmates of our son as fun holiday presents (they’ll all be back in MN in about a week and have reserved our tables for games among themselves (I’ll be dealing their sessions).

I can put them on CL for dirt cheap, keep some (I will do one bird cage for nostalgia) but aside from that what?

We all started with the dice chips. I want to do something meaningful.

Cheers

Ken

If you don't have a use for them anymore I would just donate them or send them back to collage as you say.

Also when we are going to see what you have been buying and your new setup? How about some pictures.

Id advise donating them to somewhere that would appreciate them, or pass them down to kids that you know? Back in highschool they started a poker club masquerading as a statistics club, pretty entertaining.
A poker club masquerading as a statistics club… Not too far off and genius.

I ran a small bookmaking operation in HS (early 80’s) I sure wish Poker had been bigger back then.

Great fix for a wobbly table.
2,999 to go.

03D5844F-57DF-4E6E-BE32-3B7E578CA797.jpeg

Turn 'em into artwork. Great mental challenge and hobby; bonus is it will increases their value.

Photo collage, sculptures, custom floor tiles, etc. Let the imagination loose and watch the profits roll in.

Turn 'em into artwork. Great mental challenge and hobby; bonus is it will increases their value.

Photo collage, sculptures, custom floor tiles, etc. Let the imagination loose and watch the profits roll in.
I’ve put some thought into that. Thanks for the reminder.

This is where I store my dice chips.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-01 144518.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-01 144518.png
    143.5 KB · Views: 44
If you don't have a use for them anymore I would just donate them or send them back to collage as you say.

Also when we are going to see what you have been buying and your new setup? How about some pictures.
5B7BE067-A373-4590-BE7F-274944407C64.jpeg

The claysmiths are hiding off to the side left second shelf. Sunfly 43’s, lots and lots of China Clay 8v Greek Keys, a group buy Bellagio Tribute set, and some racks and barrels of various THC’s and other miscellaneous chips. It all started with dice chips and some All-Ins.

Has anyone ever milled a dice chip? They’re slugged or something right? I’ve never milled (obviously as a noob) but would love to label some of these stupid chips. I’d make a few sets and give them away.

Has anyone ever milled a dice chip? They’re slugged or something right? I’ve never milled (obviously as a noob) but would love to label some of these stupid chips. I’d make a few sets and give them away.
yes, they've got a metal piece in the middle.

Since dice chips don’t have a recess, that center section MAY be thick enough to mill a very shallow recess that doesn’t reach the slug.
The issue is also that unless you have access to very inexpensive labels, it may not be worth it.

Since dice chips don’t have a recess, that center section MAY be thick enough to mill a very shallow recess that doesn’t reach the slug.
The issue is also that unless you have access to very inexpensive labels, it may not be worth it.
I might eventually try milling one and see.

Sticker Mule is the cheapest I believe. Aside from a self-created one. There’s a pretty solid thread that outlines peoples success. My order for my custom set goes in today.

Places like senior centers and jails have people captive that could use entertainment like this. Donate them at Tiger prices and get a tax donation

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom