Dibs 2021 - What does it mean now? (1 Viewer)

Well, much like other arbitrary words (like "fair") I would say that "dibs" has a different interpretations to different people.

Personally, if I call "dibs"' I intent to purchase the item. For awhile, I thought that was how it was meant to be used in the PCF vernacular, so I never called backup dibs (I just moved on). Now, If I don't see a "pending" or "sold" (from the seller) in the thread, I may claim nth dibs just because of the unreliability of some users "dibs" claims.

As a seller, I will try to work with the person who asked first (in a dibs sale) and I will give them time (days) if needed to arrange payment (more if requested). If they fall through on payment, or pass, I'll just move on to the next person. I have yet to have anyone not complete the transaction within a day or two.

Also, going forward, I intend to make any sale for desirable chips "a non dibs sales" (available for at least 24 hours and wheel of names to order the "entrants"). I also try to search the wanted adds BEFORE I post a sale. For low demand stuff (like HSI $1A's or some Park MGM $1's) I'll do a dibs sale.

Just my 2cent's.

Well, much like other arbitrary words (like "fair") I would say that "dibs" has a different interpretations to different people.

Personally, if I call "dibs"' I intent to purchase the item. For awhile, I thought that was how it was meant to be used in the PCF vernacular, so I never called backup dibs (I just moved on). Now, If I don't see a "pending" or "sold" (from the seller) in the thread, I may claim nth dibs just because of the unreliability of some users "dibs" claims.

As a seller, I will try to work with the person who asked first (in a dibs sale) and I will give them time (days) if needed to arrange payment (more if requested). If they fall through on payment, or pass, I'll just move on to the next person. I have yet to have anyone not complete the transaction within a day or two.

Also, going forward, I intend to make any sale for desirable chips "a non dibs sales" (available for at least 24 hours and wheel of names to order the "entrants"). I also try to search the wanted adds BEFORE I post a sale. For low demand stuff (like HSI $1A's or some Park MGM $1's) I'll do a dibs sale.

Just my 2cent's.
Nailed it buddy. This is where some of my Paulson chips are gonna go; people who post in wanted section. I know they'll buy them, or give them to them depending on how nice they are to this forum group.

893F2C89-17E3-49C6-B0EB-7528726119F1.jpeg

Here is my issue with dibs that aren’t followed through: a legit buyer may actually want to buy the chips, but so many other people have placed dibs on them, they think there is no chance and move on to something else. I’m speaking from experience as I’ve done exactly that myself. I’ve passed on chips that I thought I couldn’t get, bought others, and then later saw the first ones were still available. Calling dibs is purely an attempt to prevent others from buying them while they think about it. So sellers should ignore all dibs from now on. A simple “I’ll take it” is sufficient with follow through. I’ve had good luck with everything that I’ve sold in that the buyers who first said they would take it followed through immediately.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom