DETROIT FIRST DRAFT - THOUGHTS? (1 Viewer)

Farcry44

Two Pair
Reaction score
This is for my Chanman Table I ordered...

My thoughts: Just wanted to hear some other opinions on the direction I am going with my custom felt, this is a FIRST draft but definitely the way I am leaning for my felt. The majority of the felt is going to be black, to match the black suede rail. I like the inclusion of the red 'smokey' looking background, it kind of pays homage to the old west, stereotypical poker games, with the guys smoking cigars with a 6 shooter on the hip. (That's my thoughts anyways lol, plus it just looks cool.) The black makes the red and white definitely pop, which I like a lot. It looks grey in the pic, but I think if I do include a betting line, there will be no color difference between the two areas.(again an area I would like some input on) I know there's a lot of keen poker minds on here, just wanted to hear some opinions. I myself am leaning towards the top right felt, and using that template as the base, then tweaking things....
I just want it to look classy. As classy as Steve Yzerman was ;)

Font placement, DRW logo placement, more logos, color combo's, betting line, etc.

Thanks guys!
Any input is appreciated, good or bad,

thumbnail_Proof 3.jpg

Just a thought, Larger logo without text maybe? I'll save the discussion on which logo would be better to use for later lol.

Last edited:
I like where you are going, I would always go with black background and some awesome betting line with some art in the player area. I'm not sure what I think of the red flames in the middle, have you thought about have the logo on each side and some flames between for the flop ?

Or if you like simple you can go my route , one oversized logo. Photo for reference since it is the same colors.
B6C13521-68F2-4D46-ABB2-A34E02418F67.jpg

You can use us to get ideas but in the end do what you like ! It is your table

I think the betting line should be clear. If you're going to use the red flame, then the betting line should be a different colour. Some sort of subtle pattern between the rail and betting line would probably be nice, since a) there's no difference in cost, and b) it breaks up the black on black on black.
As far as the flame swoosh, I like the top left the best.

@T_Chan has an ice rink felt, I'm pretty sure. I think I've seen it here.

Also, if copyright is an issue, you can tilt the logo and have it busting out of centerfield, but cut off by the area outside the betting line (such that parts of the logo aren't seen/used).

Untitled.png

#fearmypaintskills

Whatever happened to this? Thinking up felt designs and it's giving me an headache. Wanted to see how awesome this turned out!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom