Details of inlay for CPC custom? (1 Viewer)

drunkenfish

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi guys,

brand new here.

I want to order a set of custom chips from CPC (since paulson wont share the quality).

River city 1$ chip in st. louis has a sort of "shadow" or faded background of a plant / leaf looking thing in the background on the inlay. Does anyone know what kind of quality to expect from CPC if I order chips with a shadow in the background? The 1$ chip is white, how do shadows show up on other colors and can they make the grey shadow pop out on a black chip? How close will the color of the inlay match what I put into the customizer?
Pokerchip.JPG

Also I see on their website they have an option for the edge called "roman" but I dont see it in the chip customizer tool. Does anyone know if this is strictly not available or is it just an issue with the tool and I can order it by emailing them?

Picture of River City chip attached.

Not sure if i need to say this since im new or not but. Yes, the custom shadow and chips I want do not look anything like the river city chips.

Thanks for your help.

Does anyone know what kind of quality to expect from CPC if I order chips with a shadow in the background?
Their inlays are very high quality, to the same degree as Paulsons if not better. Assuming you give them enough contrast, the shadows will come out just fine.

The 1$ chip is white, how do shadows show up on other colors and can they make the grey shadow pop out on a black chip?
Yes, the shadow will show up on an inlay if the color is different from the background it's on.

How close will the color of the inlay match what I put into the customizer?
It'll be pretty much the same, though the inlays are a bit glossy and on certain molds will come out with a texture on top of them, so that can alter how you see it slightly.

Also I see on their website they have an option for the edge called "roman" but I dont see it in the chip customizer tool. Does anyone know if this is strictly not available or is it just an issue with the tool and I can order it by emailing them?
If you read the mold designs section of their website you can see that it is retired due to wear. You can only order chips on molds that you can see in the chip designer tool.

The printing is great and this would print well. FWIW the owner David is very helpful and communicative and he would be happy to answer questions on how well something would print I am sure.

If you yourself are unsure, just actively ask for it. But I'll say in my own experience, they noticed pretty hard to see flaws in the artwork I initially supplied and proactively asked me if the way it turned out in print actually was intentional.

Check out some of the chips in the "Gone but not Forgotten" thread. Specifically the very first one in the list, The Bee Room shows subtle background "texture" on an ASM/CPC chip:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...en-pr0n-now-with-pr0n-of-over-200-sets.13031/

And not so much to toot my own horn, but I know subtle patterning can work as I have a set with a sort of "watermark" effect in the background>

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...r0n-of-over-200-sets.13031/page-2#post-213105

The short answer is it's totally doable, and David and Co. at CPC will let you know what will and won't work.

Check out some of the chips in the "Gone but not Forgotten" thread. Specifically the very first one in the list, The Bee Room shows subtle background "texture" on an ASM/CPC chip:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...en-pr0n-now-with-pr0n-of-over-200-sets.13031/

And not so much to toot my own horn, but I know subtle patterning can work as I have a set with a sort of "watermark" effect in the background>

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...r0n-of-over-200-sets.13031/page-2#post-213105

The short answer is it's totally doable, and David and Co. at CPC will let you know what will and won't work.
Toot, Toot!!
Didn't know those were yours! Always loved that set!

The 1$ chip is white, how do shadows show up on other colors and can they make the grey shadow pop out on a black chip?
Note: the background of the inlay on the River City chip is white because that's the background color of the inlay, not because the chip's base color is white.

You can have a white background inlay on a black chip and you'll achieve the same effect.

Right. Just to make it clear - the entire inlay is a single printed circle of paper or vinyl, which can be printed with any design you like, in full color. The color of the chip itself will be completely concealed behind the inlay, which sits on top of the chip body (as if you were putting a round sticker on the chip) and then is pressed slightly into the chip body during the compression molding step.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom