Desjgn Thickness (1 Viewer)

CUORE3

Two Pair
Reaction score
Today I opened another Desjgn Baroque double deck.

This is V2, the one without the color variations. I was surprised to see that the decks didn't have the same thickness… There is a difference of 4-5 cards and it is noticeable.

I thought the thicker deck might be Modiano stock but it's identical to the red when I handle it. And if I'm not being stupid, the Baroque stock Modianos were supplied with 2 jokers + 1 guarantee card while, the V2 only had 1 joker and 1 guarantee card.

Have you ever encountered this with Desjgn? It may be a simple deformation of the deck

You can see it clearly in this photo. I actually have this problem with several Baroque decks

IMG_2063.png

Not with any other desjgn decks, no.

The Baroque line was my least favorite in terms of feel to date. Put them in play once and sold them. Wasn't even aware of the issue of stock thickness differences between each color.

In fact, I like these Baroque. Difficult to decide between these and the Classic Diamond, even if they are completely opposites (I try to only have one card model per brand otherwise there are too many cards haha).

The reprints of the Baroque cards after the Mod!@#* :mad: screwjob back in 2018 had some of the reprinted Blue decks come through using a thicker stock on a small percentage of the Blue decks. Out of my 30 setups, 10 Blue decks were thicker, the other 20 Blue decks were not. Besides my OCD, otherwise there is no problems with these decks except the thickness. It was brought up at the time and considering Jason pony'd up the cost for the entire reprint I am fine with them, they play just fine.

Thank you for the clarification. I didn't know that some blue decks were reprinted on thicker paper. This explains the difference in thickness between the two decks. I searched but couldn't find any posts referring to this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom