Desjgn Differences (1 Viewer)

davefr

Pair
Reaction score
I bought some new Desjgn cards a few months ago and liked them a lot. Almost like KEM but a tad less limp. I liked them so much I bought another setup of bridge size/blackjack index. This new setup is totally different. The cards are thicker (maybe 10% thicker, stiffer but not as bad as Fournier and the faces almost feel gritty in texture.) They are still nice cards but IMHO not as nice as the first setup I bought.

It sounds like the previous setup could have been Modiano stock? Is this the same stock as Modiano Platinums? What current card comes closest to the previous version of Desjgn.

P1100611.jpg
P1100612.jpg
P1100613.jpg

I had thought those releases (latest Classic Victorian and Classic Diamond) were on the same stock, as per https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/classic-diamond-bridge-blackjack-index.68267/ , and are on Dal Negro stock, as per https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cards-review.3776/page-6#post-1135049.

Can't say I noticed a difference, but I haven't used either of them in a while as I haven't hosted often lately. I'll have to dig my setups out to compare. But the best source of information would be @desjgn .

He has had to change card stock suppliers several times. I’ve found all of them to be good…some I prefer more than others. His artwork is just spectacular though
Do you know if they ever used Acetate stock?

Do you know if they ever used Acetate stock?
I don’t think so. I don’t own all of his releases though …just the bridge sized. I do own about a few dozen card set ups from most of the major manufacturers and can say acetate is pretty limited. Kem obviously uses it exclusively. Cartamundi has an acetate version of their CCP line and then the one from Modiano. Can’t think of any others. Most cards are PVC and 90% of the non acetate cards feel more similar than different. Cartamundi CCP (not acetate) are the best bang for the buck card out there IMO and have a more unique feel. The cards stocks Desjgn has used are also some of the best I’ve felt. His latest release have been stiffer than others though.

But most companies offerings feel like Copags or thinker versions of Copags

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom