Design software and starting templates for toppers and chips? (1 Viewer)

Sparkynutz

Straight
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
Are there any blank or blank ish templates available for download for creating custom table toppers and also poker chips?

Is there a standard format that the designs should be saved in that manufacturing would be able to use without having to modify repeatedly to fix samples? Especially for toppers where scaling or resolution could be an issue.

If I use Paulson design to make a template what format should I save it?
Will I be able to remove the Paulson or other type mold? Any ideas how to use some of the other mold design options I've seen on here? I kinda like the Greek one.

Standard colors? I've seen many references to specifically named colors, but is there a listing of all or commonly used colors somewhere?

I'd also like to find some free software to play around with and make a few mockup ideas before getting professional help and eventually production.

Lots of threads on this subject but haven't found templates or answers to a few of these specific questions.

Last edited:
Hello,
You can use Inkscape it is a free open source and a nice software.
Also what kind of chip do you want to design ? Ceramic or only design inlay for clay chip ?

Hello,
You can use Inkscape it is a free open source and a nice software.
Also what kind of chip do you want to design ? Ceramic or only design inlay for clay chip ?
I'm undecided on chip type yet. All I know is I refuse to install labels. Factory printed somehow. I actually wouldn't mind having similar design for each chip type mocked up if a group buy was to happen I'd be ready to send in what I had.

I see Inkscape mentioned often.
I didn't know if there's any others we'll suited for chip or topper design that's also free.

If you have access to Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite, more specifically Illustrator, start experimenting and learning it. If not, Inkscape is another vector-based graphic tool (like Illustrator) and is free! I've been using Inkscape for a few years and for a free tool it's fantastic.

Then check out this thread: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...phics-useful-for-tina-anita-cards-mold.81302/

Granted, a lot of the info is on creating a full chip, like for ceramic chips, but you can apply the same principles toward just the inlay/label design.

Your mockups are all on those Claysmith style chips (are they Desert Heat). Are you ultimately going to have labels made (Sticker Mule is a popular choice) and applied to those particular chips, or are they just placeholders. Even if you're not sure what you're going to use, it's helpful to narrow down as much as possible what form your final product will take, then you can design toward that goal.
Ignore the last paragraph since it was related to the particular chips the OP of that thread used in the mock-ups.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom