Design questions (software) (1 Viewer)

Machine

Full House
Supporter
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
What would be simple and easy to use software to mock up some designs?

I use the chip tool, but it messes up my image, not to mention I need to add text and resize the image to the text.

I want to make a tribute set for the ESPT chips, either CPC or BRPro. I want to mimic the label but instead of Empress Star, I want to do Emperor's Fist

I did purchase this image as a commission... What do you think about the artwork?

Attachments

• EmpFist_2_25.jpg
    EmpFist_2_25.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 95
Adobe Illustrator seems to be the default program to use for inlay designs. As a free alternate, you can look into Inkscape.

After creating your inlay in one of the above programs, you can then insert that into the chip tool. The chip tool is for chip (clay) design only. There is no ability to design an inlay in the tool. Simply insert and resize.

If you're on a Mac, Affinity Designer is a much cheaper alternative to Illustrator, and has many of the same features.

GIMP is also free, and interface is similar to Inkscape.

But Illustrator puts out the format that manufacturer's need without translation steps, where things can inadvertently go wrong.

I've used Inkscape for all my design works. I've never felt limited by this free,open source and multi-platform software.

most of my images are not vector images, but should resize well, thank you, I will check it out.
by this free,open source and multi-platform software.
This reminds me of Happy Gilmore's Subway commercial.. lol and doesn't sound like a paid endorsement at all! - I get it, I like free beer too! ;)

For image editing (as opposed to vector), another good option is Paint.Net if you're on Windows. It has a smaller learning curve than GIMP or Photoshop, and while it's not as powerful, it can easily meet most people's basic needs. And it's free.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom