Derby City Showdown IV - Nov 6-8 - Louisville KY

courage

Full House
Reaction score
The first week of November each year I host a meat-up with good friends, chip enthusiasts, and poker action. PM me or reply here if you'd like to attend or need more details!

When: November 6 - 9, 2014.

Where: my house, Louisville, KY. 4 miles from Louisville International Airport (SDF, Standiford Field). PM me for address. Other airports: Cincinnati - 100 miles, Indianapolis - 120 miles, Lexington, KY - 80 miles.

Who: PCFers and some of my home game donkeys.

Why: lol

Highlights:

Pics and reports in this thread, also follow @CTcourage on Twitter for updates.

* 40-player $120 tourney at 5 tables on Saturday featuring Club Courage ASM elephant & crown chips.

* multi-table (up to 4) cash games including low-stakes mixed games, low-stakes NLHE and Circus Game with dedicated dealers from local Horseshoe Southern Indiana.

* possible SNG action featuring BCC MGK Suicide King Club tourney chips.

* kegs of beer

* 3 big-screen TVs

* trip to Churchill Downs on Thursday afternoon for Fall racing

* dedicated chipgirl/beer angel

* catered BBQ: brisket, ribs, pulled pork, etc.

Hotel recommendations:
IMO best method is to book through Priceline and name your own price. My zip is 40213 or Airport area to help define your search. The hotels on Philips Lane are 3 miles away and many choices: Courtyard Marriott, Residence Inn, Comfort Inn, Hampton Inn, etc.

This hotel is 2 miles away and reasonable:
Best Western, Bishop Lane
Louisville Hotel | BEST WESTERN PLUS Airport East/Expo Center | Louisville, Kentucky
Minor glitch is accessing the parking lot: after exiting the expressway, take the 2nd left, then again 2nd left. This will allow you to cut behind two convenience stores to get to the hotel parking lot more easily.

Club Courage Action Hero Suite: unavailable at this time (rented by a donk).

Couch: This will be emergency reserve space for 1 or 2 fatigued donkeys.

Parking:
I can fit approximately 10 cars on my property (more if folks park perpendicular out front). Nearby street parking 1 block away also between speed humps on the creekside.

Food and Other:
1/4 mile away are McDonald's, Panera, Chili's, Qdoba, Taco Bell, J Gumbo's, Sonoma Coffee, and a Wal-mart grocery. Wendy's, Kroger, Chase and Fifth Third ATMs are also nearby.

34 players max @ 4 cash tables, 40 players max @ 5 tourney tables

Cash game tables: there will always be a .25/.50 or .50/.50 NLHE only table going (depends on chip set). Game will only change if all players agree. Circus table (mixed games) also available, stakes 1/1.

buy-ins: posted below. Max buy-in = half the big stack at table.

Straddle: NL and PL games only. Optional Mississippi straddle from any position except the blinds. 5x big blind max (UTG has first option to straddle, then button, then counterclockwise). Straddle has last action and option to raise. Action continues with person to left of straddle.

Wednesday Warm-up - Horseshoe Southern Indiana
Donkfest from approx. 9:00pm - 3:00am

Thursday Trauma - cash games
Club Courage opens 7:00pm - 3:00am
8:00pm - Wick's Pizza delivered, player donation
Beer Angels: Anastasia, Caroline
Chips: TBD
Table 1 -
.25/.50 NLHE, buy-in: $20 - $100 or half the big stack.
Table 2 - Circus 1/1 mixed 6/5/4/3/2 SOHE, 5 Card Omaha or Tahoe, PLO, Lazy Pineapple, NLHE or whatev the group plans. Buy-in $60 - $200 or half the big stack.
Table 3 - $1/1 NLHE, buy-in: $50 - $200 or half the big stack, or $.25/.50 mixed game - $100 buy-in or half big stack.

Friday Flips - cash games
Club Courage open noon- 3:00am
Jimmy John's delivery a couple of times (normally collect $5/sandwich, Beer Angel will call it in).
Beer Angel: Anastasia
Club Courage ASM horsehead chips
Table 1 - .25/.50 NLHE, buy-in: $20 - $100 or half the big stack.
Table 2 - The Circus: 1/1 mixed 6/5/4/3/2 SOHE, 5 Card Omaha or Tahoe, PLO
, Lazy Pineapple, NLHE or whatev the group plans. Buy-in $60 - $200 or half the big stack.
Tables 3 & 4 - as needed, duplicates of Tables 1 & 2.

SNGs on-demand, (T8000, 2 hour, 15 min blinds), Suicide King Club BCC MGK chips.
10:00pm $20 SNG Satellite to Main Event - pays top 2.

Saturday Derby City Showdown IV
Club Courage open Noon - whenever
Beer Angel: Anastasia

3:00pm Main Event $120 bounty tourney, Derby City Showdown IV
$80 to prize pool, $20 to bounty, $20 to subsidize BBQ
5 tables, 40 players
Club Courage ASM elephant & crown tournament chips
re-entry - one rebuy per player during first three blind levels
T20K, bounty chip, 20 min. blinds

6:00 pm - Dinner break, Beef brisket, pulled pork, ribs, sides.

Club Courage ASM horsehead chips
Table 1 - .25/.50 NLHE, buy-in: $20 - $100 or half the big stack.
Table 2 - The Circus: 1/1 mixed 6/5/4/3/2 SOHE, 5 Card Omaha or Tahoe, PLO
, Lazy Pineapple, NLHE or whatev the group plans. Buy-in $60 - $200 or half the big stack.
Tables 3 & 4 - as needed, duplicates of Tables 1 & 2.

Sunday
Club Courage still open. Stuck players grinding. Put the coffee on!

A table of donks from last year.
20131108_202619_zps264a2712.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1413006229478.jpguploadfromtaptalk1413006257281.jpg

Beer Angels Anastasia, Caroline
uploadfromtaptalk1414124968614.jpg

user15299_pic14015_1345790166.jpg

bergs

Full House
Reaction score
First, let's start off with a review of DCS3 last year:

- Wednesday night: Went to Horseshow or Shoehorse or whateverthefawck in Southern Indiana, or Illinois, or Iowa...doesn't really matter, actually. I called Chicken Rob "Doctor Dick the Blurple Chicken" all night long (because his name is Chicken Rob, his middle name is Richard, he has a doctorate, and he wears blurple-colored shirts". Some Presbyterian minister woman who was playing with us got offended because I was calling him "Dick". Actually, I might've been calling him Doctor Dickhead the Blurple Chicken. Either way, down with Presbyterian loudmouth minister women who play poker. Anywho, I went down $900 in the first 28 seconds at $1/2 NL, bullied the table into playing a NL/PLO mix, and went up a few hundred by 5am.

- Thursday morning:

- Friday: Poker Cash Game Everything

- Saturday: I binked the main event against a couple of hapless Canucks that haven't registered here yet so I'll free to share how I ran over them. I ran over them. The end.

- Sunday: Never get airport breakfast food from Chile's at 5:00am in an airport. Instant stomach Ebola.

Now let's talk about this year - I'll start with some predictions regarding the Main Event tournament (see attached).

jbutler

Royal Flush
Reaction score
someone made a gif of the tacos' route from berg's face to his stomach. it even counts up to 12. #fate

links_slayer

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
After the fucking week I've had so far at work I'm tempted to leave tonight and camp out in my car in front of Club Courage. Can't wait to be the resident ATM for you clowns.

courage

Full House
Reaction score
Just headed home from work now so I sympathize links...hey wait the timestamp works here too??!

Come on down buddy.

courage

Full House
Reaction score
lol TRUP QQ best evah. Contender for my vanity license plate.

bergs

Full House
Reaction score
You can spread teh ebola by looking at people!

bergs

Full House
Reaction score
I'd like to vote for hole in the backyard to serve as another bathroom.
H|Q is a horrible username if you are who I know you are. "Dover Detonator", "Captain Gas Mask", or "Sir GasAlot" would've been so much better.

jbutler

Royal Flush
Reaction score
H|Q is a horrible username if you are who I know you are. "Dover Detonator", "Captain Gas Mask", or "Sir GasAlot" would've been so much better.
he just can't let go of the past. he was made manager for a few weeks back in '96 and has been riding that ever since.

H|Q

Flush
Reaction score
I was considering Dover Detonator. But I didn't think this political climate would appreciate anything with the word "Dover" in it.

courage

Full House
Reaction score
Normally a detonation has safety protocols and a controlled countdown. I was ambushed by the clinging pervasive fog from Satan's anus. Months of therapy and I'm still not right. Obv.

bergs

Full House
Reaction score
Courage - I'd like to officially request a "Trumans House South" table comprised of myself, Chicken Rob, gopherblue, his friend Big Dave, Jose, and I might let you and the Dover Detonator join as well. We'll play all the things.

P.S. I know it's your house. I was only kidding about the "might let you..." thing. You can definitely play. HQ, we'll see, depends on what he eats.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Normally a detonation has safety protocols and a controlled countdown. I was ambushed by the clinging pervasive fog from Satan's anus. Months of therapy and I'm still not right. Obv.
Can the mods rename him "Azzpolosion" and I'll ship them $25 via PP? It can go towards site maintenance. There might be a lot of site maintenance required now that our unwashed, unkempt masses have floated here on their raft made of yarn and particle board.

H|Q

Flush
Reaction score
Courage - I'd like to officially request a "Trumans House South" table comprised of myself, Chicken Rob, gopherblue, his friend Big Dave, Jose, and I might let you and the Dover Detonator join as well. We'll play all the things.

P.S. I know it's your house. I was only kidding about the "might let you..." thing. You can definitely play. HQ, we'll see, depends on what he eats.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Can the mods rename him "Azzpolosion" and I'll ship them $25 via PP? It can go towards site maintenance. There might be a lot of site maintenance required now that our unwashed, unkempt masses have floated here on their raft made of yarn and particle board.
How do I report a user here?

courage

Full House
Reaction score
THS table is fun. I look forward to ejecting chicken after he folds two hands in a row.

bergs

Full House
Reaction score
How do I report a user here?
HQ, don't rile me up, or I'll change my flight to land in Cincie and I'll randomly fire USPS packages at your door while chanting "DEATH TO THE FARTERS! KILL ALL THE FARTERS!"

H|Q

Flush
Reaction score
HQ, don't rile me up, or I'll change my flight to land in Cincie and I'll randomly fire USPS packages at your door while chanting "DEATH TO THE FARTERS! KILL ALL THE FARTERS!"
Now that this thread is nicely derailed, let me tell you a story.

The neighbor got a cute golden doodle or some shit. Little ball of fur and energy. Really sweet dog. He got it about 6 months ago. The dog's name...? Isis. I don't know what the hell he was thinking but if you go yelling things about a Fatwa, it could push the neighborhood over the edge.

courage

Full House
Reaction score
I saw a golden doodle on teh Internet once.

Redbelly

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that this thread is nicely derailed, let me tell you a story.

The neighbor got a cute golden doodle or some shit. Little ball of fur and energy. Really sweet dog. He got it about 6 months ago. The dog's name...? Isis. I don't know what the hell he was thinking but if you go yelling things about a Fatwa, it could push the neighborhood over the edge.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414777691.344035.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414777706.222349.jpg

Top Bottom