Degen in Dallas III: Not yet named - August 24th - 27th, 2023 (3 Viewers)

Josh Kifer

Royal Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had all of the above planned for my rematch with Kifer.

"BAH GAWD! HE KILLED HIM! AS GOD IS MY WITNESS, SCHMENDR1CK STUCK KIFER WITH A KNIFE AND STARED INTO HIS EYES AS THE LIFE SLOWLY DRAINED OUT OF THEM!"
That's a spork, and you stabbed me in the hand..... What the fuck is wrong with you Floridians ....

bergs

Straight Flush
Reaction score
I had all of the above planned for my rematch with Kifer.

"BAH GAWD! HE KILLED HIM! AS GOD IS MY WITNESS, SCHMENDR1CK STUCK KIFER WITH A KNIFE AND STARED INTO HIS EYES AS THE LIFE SLOWLY DRAINED OUT OF THEM!"
You can’t drain the soul from a soulless creature. I learned this playing Dungeons & Dragons.

Also, Josh Kifer is a single hit die NPC.

I will take your questions now.

DoubleEagle

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DiD4 I'm gonna have tables in the driveway. Sucks that August is second to Hell in temps. I'll just make that the HoldEm tables I guess.
Big Ass Fan.jpg

andrebttx

Pair
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DiD4 I'm gonna have tables in the driveway. Sucks that August is second to Hell in temps. I'll just make that the HoldEm tables I guess.

Tbh I played in worse conditions to get a game going in college, so I’ll take it

BootySnatcher

High Hand
Reaction score
What: Degen in Dallas III - Not yet named
When: August 24th to 27th, 2023
Where: Windy Crest Poker Room - Dallas, TX

Warm-up Wednesday August 23rd- @Frogzilla's Club 711 in Frisco - (MAX 21) - If we have more interested, we may need to scope out using the local Elk's Lodge instead

Poker General info - I will have 7 tables available in three rooms - 2 in my poker room, 3 in the playroom, and 2 more in the climate controlled garage. I will be inviting verified locals to fill in for cash/main event as needed. The guys that do come will be certified non assholes - they put up with me!

Once again - doors do NOT open until noon on Thursday - wife's rules. There will be no Wednesday festivities at Windy Crest this year. We can meet off site prior to heading to Froggy's.

Thursday Cash games - Doors open @ Noon - Windy Crest Cash Set (Not a HOF Ceramic Set)/Guest Sets
$.25/$.50 & $1/$1 cash games, $2 limit set available. One table dedicated to NLHE or Micro stakes.
$200 max for $1/$1 $100 max for $.25/$.25.
$200 min / $300 Max for the $1/$1 featured table - 7 MAX.
1/2 the big stack for rebuys.

Satellite tournament for main event held as requested.

Friday Cash Games - Doors open @ 10am - Guest sets/IGs
$.25/$.50 & $1/$1 cash games, $2 limit set available. One table dedicated to NLHE or Micro stakes.

Satellite tournament for main event held as requested.

Friday Circus Tournament 7pm. $60 Entry + Dinner
1649716312685.png

Saturday Cash Games and Main Event - HSI Cash/Windy Crest Tournament Set
Warmup Cash starts at 10am

Main Event at 1:30pm (40 players) - $120 Entry + Dinner

1649716265237.png

Lodging
- Several hotels within a 10 minute drive, google zip code 75243. I would avoid the hotels directly north of me, the night hours can be sketchy. Cluster of hotels close to Walnut Hill and North Central Expressway are a good choice.

Popular choice was the Hampton Inn on north Central Expressway - https://goo.gl/maps/GJVsESNeYBhZvYpG9 (I am negotiating for a block of rooms as of 11/2/22 - do NOT book yet)

Another possible cheaper choise - https://www.sonesta.com/sonesta-sel...ce=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=gmb

Air - DFW airport is 30-45 minutes depending on traffic - DAL (Love Field) is 15-20 minutes depending on traffic

Parking - Street parking only

General - I have three beers on tap - they will be local beers, 2 IPAs and 1 dark-side beer. Several coolers full of local craft beer, soda, and water will be available. I will have a selection of Bourbon and Scotch available, but for really good stuff I would suggest a group buy. Snacks will be plentiful and the hot dog roller that started it all will be running hotter than I will.

Drink Service - Ashlyn and one of her friends will be mixing Old Fashions, Leonaritas, and running drinks. She appreciates tips but her attitude is always free.

Sponsorships - Sponsors to subsidize food & drinks are appreciated but not required. If you have a specific drink/snack you want, either bring it or let me know!

Guest Sets - Highly encouraged - single or multi table - set owner banks their set.

Food

Thursday
- Pizza from Primo Brothers.

Friday - La Ha Buffet - Mesquite grilled beef and chicken fajitas with grilled onions & green bell peppers, cheese
enchiladas topped with a chili con carne sauce and jalapeno relish, rice, refried beans, pico, sour cream, grated cheese,
guacamole, flour tortillas, chips and salsa. $25-$30/head

Saturday - Pecan Lodge BBQ- 3 meat buffet – Jalapeno Cheddar Beef Sausage, Pulled Pork, Brisket – Sides – Mac n Cheese, Potato Salad
Addons – Pickles n Onions, Lg Banana Pudding, Lg Peach Cobbler, Rolls - maybe BEEF RIBS????
$40/head included in Main Event buy-in.

View attachment 1017303
View attachment 1017285
View attachment 1017286View attachment 1017287
View attachment 1017288View attachment 1017289
View attachment 1017293

Lockup List - 49 spots available - if you attended DiD I or DiD II - you have first right of refusal.
All new attendees will be placed on the waitlist and will be moved into spots as prior attendees refuse. This maybe in order of dibs, or priority given to players I've played with frequently in the past. I want to state this up front so there are no hurt feelings if you see a spot get taken by a meetup regular or host of a meetup I've attended.
  1. @CraigT78
  2. @Frogzilla
  3. @MatB
  4. @Thomacetti (My brother from another mother)
  5. @TheBigTater
  6. @Leonard
  7. @ImCrossland
  8. @k9dr
  9. @Josh Kifer
  10. @Hornet
  11. @bergs
  12. @Rhodeman77
  13. @Windwalker
  14. @ekricket
  15. @travelgirl
  16. @Goldfish
  17. @detroitdad
  18. @JesterTX
  19. @mike32
  20. @MrCatPants
  21. @DeusEx
  22. @Suitedaces
  23. @Kidsthesedays
  24. @RowlettTexasChipGuy
  25. @moose
  26. @moose MRS
  27. @Darson
  28. @David O
  29. @bsdunbar1
  30. @inca911
  31. @Poker4ever
  32. @CptainCanuck
  33. @Lil Tuna
  34. @toothpic
  35. @aggie
  36. @Grant
  37. @onerand
  38. @Tonysquander
  39. @BamaT8ter
  40. @natumes
  41. @pacmartine
  42. @RocAFella1
  43. @Schmendr1ck
  44. @dkersey
  45. @krafticus
  46. @DoubleEagle
  47. @Chippy McChiperson
  48. .
  49. .
  50. @Jonesey07 - TD, Dealer, Meetup Slut

Waitlist
  1. @andrebttx

Sponsors
Put me on the waitlist...BootySnatcher

Reaction score
Put me on the waitlist - not sure what my schedule's gonna be looking like a year from now.
I'm local, so if someone dips out, I'm always happy to be a filler if the mainlist fills up too

I'd also be cash games only fwiw

shorticus

4 of a Kind
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You sure like to talk about attending meetups …
I’m just creating drama. I’m a pretty boring guy so I have to have a dramatic build up. You’ll be let down when you actually meet me :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom