Degen in Dallas II: Weird flex, but okay - Aug 24-28, 2022 (21 Viewers)

CraigT78

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MEETUP LIVE STREAM - - ALL THE DAYS

Meetup Glassware - https://neartail.com/us/degenglassstore

What: Degen in Dallas II - Degens Gonna Degen
When: August 25th to 28th
Where: Windy Crest Poker Room - Dallas, TX

Warm-up Wednesday - @Frogzilla's Club 711 in Frisco

Poker General info - I will have 5 tables available in two rooms - 2 in my poker room and 3 in the playroom. I will be inviting verified locals to fill in for cash/main event as needed. The guys that do come will be certified non assholes - they put up with me!

Thursday Cash games - Doors open @ Noon - Windy Crest Cash Set (Not a HOF Ceramic Set)/Guest Sets
$.25/$.50 & $1/$1 cash games, $2 limit set available. One table dedicated to NLHE or Micro stakes.
$200 max for $1/$1 $100 max for $.25/$.25.
$200 min / $300 Max for the $1/$1 featured table - 7 MAX.
1/2 the big stack for rebuys.

Satellite tournament for main event held as requested.

Friday Cash Games - Doors open @ 10am - Guest sets/IGs
$.25/$.50 & $1/$1 cash games, $2 limit set available. One table dedicated to NLHE or Micro stakes.

Satellite tournament for main event held as requested.

Friday Circus Tournament 7pm. $60 Entry + $25 Dinner
1649716312685.png

Saturday Cash Games and Main Event - HSI Cash/Windy Crest Tournament Set
Warmup Cash starts at 10am

Main Event at 1:30pm (40 players) - $125 Entry
1649716265237.png

Lodging
- Several hotels within a 10 minute drive, google zip code 75243. I would avoid the hotels directly north of me, the night hours can be sketchy. Cluster of hotels close to Walnut Hill and North Central Expressway are a good choice.

Popular choice was the Hampton Inn on north Central Expressway - https://goo.gl/maps/GJVsESNeYBhZvYpG9

Another possible cheaper choise - https://www.sonesta.com/sonesta-sel...ce=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=gmb

Air - DFW airport is 30-45 minutes depending on traffic - DAL (Love Field) is 15-20 minutes depending on traffic

Parking - Street parking only

General - I have three beers on tap - they will be local beers, 2 IPAs and 1 dark-side beer. Several coolers full of local craft beer, soda, and water will be available. I will have a selection of Bourbon and Scotch available, but for really good stuff I would suggest a group buy. Snacks will be plentiful and the hot dog roller that started it all will be running hotter than I will.

Drink Service - Ashlyn and one of her friends will be mixing Old Fashions and running drinks. She appreciates tips but her attitude is always free.

Sponsorships - Sponsors to subsidize food & drinks are appreciated but not required. If you have a specific drink/snack you want, either bring it or let me know!

Guest Sets - Highly encouraged - single or multi table - set owner banks their set.

Food - I'll cook out on Thursday evening - burgers and brats with some store bought side salads, or someone can manage a pizza order if desired.

Friday - La Ha Buffet - Mesquite grilled beef and chicken fajitas with grilled onions & green bell peppers, cheese
enchiladas topped with a chili con carne sauce and jalapeno relish, rice, refried beans, pico, sour cream, grated cheese,
guacamole, flour tortillas, chips and salsa. $25/head

Saturday - Pecan Lodge BBQ- 3 meat buffet – Jalapeno Cheddar Beef Sausage, Pulled Pork, Brisket – Sides – Mac n Cheese, Potato Salad
Addons – Pickles n Onions, Lg Banana Pudding, Lg Peach Cobbler, Rolls
$25/head included in Main Event buy-in.

1649716836416.png

1649717650739.png

Lockup List - 40 spots available
  1. @CraigT78 - Confirmed
  2. @MatB - Confirmed
  3. @TheBigTater
  4. @Leonard - Margarita man sponsor
  5. @ImCrossland
  6. @k9dr
  7. @Josh Kifer
  8. @Hornet
  9. @bergs
  10. @Rhodeman77
  11. @Windwalker
  12. @ekricket
  13. @travelgirl
  14. @Goldfish
  15. @detroitdad
  16. @JesterTX
  17. @MrCatPants
  18. @DeusEx
  19. @Ben - Very Strong Maybe
  20. @Kidsthesedays
  21. @RowlettTexasChipGuy
  22. @moose
  23. @moose MRS
  24. @Darson
  25. @Frogzilla
  26. @David O
  27. @bsdunbar1
  28. @inca911
  29. @Poker4ever
  30. @CptainCanuck
  31. @Lil Tuna
  32. @toothpic
  33. @aggie
  34. @Grant (Local)
  35. @onerand
  36. @Tonysquander
  37. @BamaT8ter
  38. @natumes
  39. @pacmartine
  40. @RocAFella1
Waitlist
  1. Aaron (Local)
  2. SuitedAces (Local)
Sponsors
  1. @MatB - Hazy IPA Keg
  2. @Leonard - Margarita's
  3. @TheBigTater - Lakewood Temptress and general meetup expenses
  4. @CptainCanuck - Bourbon & Lasagna
  5. @detroitdad - bathroom supplies
  6. @Hornet - name tags
  7. @MrCatPants - general meetup expenses
  8. @David O - Freetail beer sponsor
  9. @bsdunbar1 - general meetup expenses

Last edited:

ImCrossland

Full House
Reaction score
To host my 2nd annual birthday poker weekend or let Craig host instead… I am in (provided the Mrs. does not get COVID again)

I will bring Triston’s 2nd annual birthday poker weekend shirts just in case.

(Let’s count me as an alternate in case a spot is open at that time since I wasn’t able to make it on my last RSVP)

Last edited:

MatB

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just need to avoid drunk Craig’s table and I might survive the meet up still solvent

Leonard

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I apologize for the late posting of this meetup. My wife informed me she is going to a conference and ended it with "yes you can host a meetup"
I thought it wasn’t happening this year. I had to look twice at the dates to confirm that they were indeed Thursday Friday Saturday to confirm that this wasn’t some old thread I had stumbled upon.

Nice surprise

CraigT78

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it wasn’t happening this year. I had to look twice at the dates to confirm that they were indeed Thursday Friday Saturday to confirm that this wasn’t some old thread I had stumbled upon.

Nice surprise
I was also surprised.

Then we booked an Alaskan cruise three weeks before.

ImCrossland

Full House
Reaction score
I told the wife no more meetups this year, 3 was enough for me.

I feel bad for lying to her.

LOCK IT THE FUCK UP!!! Can’t wait, this was amazing last year.

Let me know if I can sponcer something unhealthy.
I mean it doesn’t really count towards the total if you’re hosting any of those meet-ups right? Or does that count double.. My own lady asked “Aren’t you going to one in October, too?”

What a silly question to ask. Everybody knows it DEFINITELY doesn’t count if the meet-up is in your same state. It’s like taking a 6-hr drive over to a buddy’s house for a friendly game with absolutely no chance of spending a ton of money!

ImCrossland

Full House
Reaction score
Can you imagine how sad the drive home is going to be? My birthday is actually on Sunday, the 28th. Driving 6 hours home with absolutely nothing but a brutal hangover ON your birthday.

F*CK IT

CraigT78

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you imagine how sad the drive home is going to be? My birthday is actually on Sunday, the 28th. Driving 6 hours home with absolutely nothing but a brutal hangover ON your birthday.

F*CK IT
Don't forget the empty wallet - probably.

Schmendr1ck

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Argh. I have a work conflict and am expected to be in Boston this weekend.

I'm going to try to pull some strings and get out of it, but it's probably 3 to 1 against right now.

Of course, if I do manage to clear my calendar, I'm going to have to send Mrs S on a spa weekend to make up for it.

Rhodeman77

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Loved it last year and am very hopeful to make it this year too. I have the green light for an August trip from the boss already, so it is either this Meetup or Vegas for a friends 40th birthday bash. He hasn’t cleared the Vegas trip with his wife yet though. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom