CraigT78

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What: Degen in Dallas
When: August 5th to 8th
Where: Windy Crest Poker Room - Dallas, TX

Warm-up Wednesday - Club 711 - Hosted by @Frogzilla in Frisco, TX

Two tables of Circus and Circus Lite. $.25/$.50 with a $100 max buy-in. Chips in play - Club 711 hot stamps

Dinner will be fantastic.

Poker General info - I will have 4 tables available in two rooms - 2 in my poker room and 2 in the playroom. I can expand to 5 tables for cash if needed. I will be inviting verified locals to fill in for cash/main event as needed. The guys that do come will be certified non assholes - they put up with me!

Thursday Cash games - Doors open @ 11am - Windy Crest Cash Set
4 tables of $.25/$.50 cash games, $2 limit set available. One table dedicated to NLHE.
$200 max for full ring circus/NLHE, $100 max for circus lite. 1/2 the big stack for rebuys.

Satellite tournament for main event held as requested.

Friday Cash Games - Doors open @ 11am - Guest sets/LCOs
4 tables of $.25/$.50 cash games, $2 limit set available. One table dedicated to NLHE.
$200 max for full ring circus/NLHE, $100 max for circus lite. 1/2 the big stack for rebuys.

Turbo Circus Tournament around 8pm.
Satellite tournament for main event held as requested

Saturday Cash Games and Main Event - HSI Cash/Windy Crest Tournament Set
Warmup Cash starts at 10am, Main Event at 1:30pm (Max 40)

Lodging - Several hotels within a 10 minute drive, google zip code 75243. I would avoid the hotels directly north of me, the night hours can be sketchy. Cluster of hotels close to Walnut Hill and North Central Expressway are a good choice.
There is one Air BnB in my neighborhood that is a 10 minute walk (safe, neighborhood streets) that sleeps 9 with own beds - a little pricey, but super close. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/175271...share_id=877be053-a460-4450-a016-6ec0435ef4b5

Air - DFW airport is 30-45 minutes depending on traffic - DAL (Love Field) is 15-20 minutes depending on traffic

Parking - Street parking only

General - I have three beers on tap - they will be local beers, 2 IPAs and 1 dark-side beer. Several coolers full of local craft beer, soda, and water will be available. I will have a selection of Bourbon and Scotch available, but for really good stuff I would suggest a group buy. Snacks will be plentiful and the hot dog roller that started it all will be running hotter than I will.

Drink Service - My teen daughter will probably be here to run drinks and chips. She has worked several poker events in the past, and appreciates tips, her attitude is always free.

Sponsorships - Sponsors to subsidize food & drinks are appreciated but not required. If you have a specific drink/snack you want, either bring it or let me know!

Food - I'll cook out on Thursday evening - burgers and brats with some store bought side salads, or someone can manage a pizza order if desired.
Friday - Combo Fajita's, Cheese Enchiladas, and Rice and Beans catered from Mariano's with House Margarita's available from the pitchers. $20/head - will need 48 hour confirmation on who is in.
Saturday - BBQ Brisket, Pulled Pork, Sausages with the sides. Prepared by an award winning local DFW BBQ Pit Master (tentative based off schedule - otherwise local catered BBQ) $20/head included in Main Event buy-in.

COVID-19 - Common sense applies here - it you are sick, stay home.

My family is fully vaccinated, 16+ and up. I will not be requiring masks at this event, however I have plenty of disposable masks available if you'd be comfortable wearing one.

I am not verifying vaccination status of attendees, but I'd prefer that you have had your vaccine if you are attending.

20191227_174328.jpg

Lockup List
  1. @Frogzilla - Beer Sponsor - confirmed
  2. @shorticus - confirmed - LA beer sponsor
  3. @Rhodeman77 - confirmed
  4. @Josh Kifer - confirmed
  5. @TheBigTater - confirmed
  6. @bsdunbar1 - confirmed
  7. @gingerbeard - confirmed
  8. @Hornet - confirmed
  9. @k9dr - confirmed
  10. @Darson - confirmed
  11. @RowlettTexasChipGuy - confirmed
  12. @inca911 - confirmed
  13. @Schmendr1ck - confirmed
  14. @detroitdad - confirmed
  15. @DoubleEagle - confirmed
  16. @Maverick785 - confirmed
  17. Pokerdoc - confirmed
  18. @Lil Tuna - might pop in on Saturday
  19. @p5woody - confirmed
  20. @Poker4ever confirmed - driving in and out
  21. @WedgeRock - looking for a better game, still tentative
  22. @mooremo - guest set
  23. @dkersey - sponsor
  24. @Beakertwang
  25. Brett - Beakrtwang's +1
  26. @stavman - bourbon
  27. @Leonard - Margaritas - confirmed
  28. @David O - Freetail Sponsor
  29. @Copper44
  30. @MatB - confirmed sponsor of a rack of fracs and a keg of Alpha Drop
  31. @TX_Golf_N_Poker - 50%-60% in
  32. .
  33. .
  34. .
  35. .
  36. .
Waitlist
  1. @Kidsthesedays
  2. @Huskerboy

Last edited:

Josh Kifer

Royal Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What? Do you have a waxing appointment scheduled for that weekend?
Well, last time didn't go so well. Maybe I can get them to push my flight credit to that weekend. Time to threaten orbitz.

CraigT78

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m planning on attending. But I’m not saying anything to my wife until at least June :whistle: :whistling:
Book your flight now, and then remind her in June that she already gave you permission.

CraigT78

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, last time didn't go so well. Maybe I can get them to push my flight credit to that weekend. Time to threaten orbitz.
Barring any unforeseen vaccine issues, this event will happen.

ThinkingFold

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can I be added to the waitlist? Really need to attend another meet up. Could put all my unused frequent flyer miles to a good use if it gets closer and there are still open seats.

JMC9389

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm out. It's hot as balls in Texas in August. Something something my panties may give me swamp ass while I drink my cosmo chased by Michelob Ultra, blah blah blah.
But I will consider it another year! Cheers to a safe, fun event for all!

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't wanna get ahead of ourselves just yet! Have to see how things pan out with SQM and the meet up in Arizona... and then Kevin's, have alot of interests and not enough vacation time! Definitely interested in attending for sure, will have to see how things are looking by spring!

Top Bottom