Decided on Purchasing a Set of Royals (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I’d like to thank @Apache for their customer service when ordering sample chips and their easy to use web site. It was between the Royals, DDLMs, and Tikis. I had all 3 sample sets (plus many other chip samples) but it came down to those 3. The Royals look beautiful and will be perfect for my tournament set. DDLMs or Tikis are in my future though. I can’t wait to get my Royals and oil them up! I used some food grade mineral oil on my sample set and they look amazing!!

AC

Royals might honestly be my favorite chip currently available for the home market. I wasn’t sure how I felt about 43mm chips at first but they really grew on me and I want to get a full set now. Dare I say I might actually like the feel/sound of them even better than CPC’s.

DDLM rock...
Royals rock...
Tiki King rock...
Apache rocks...

You cannot go wrong. With that said, for feel and sound, +1 on the Royals. But you got samples and at the end of the day, your impression is all that matters.

Cheers to your Royals! I wish I knew about sample sets (and this forum) before going for scrolls on my first set but thankfully I ended up loving them! I was also considering Royals so I hope you enjoy them!

@a2thelee I ordered a bunch of samples when I joined back in May, Scrolls being one of them. I actually found that the printing was a little too blurry for my taste. Back then, I was convinced that labels were the devil because I had seen so many labels just fall off of cheap chips. So, this led me on my pro-ceramic quest. Eventually, I chose the Nevada Jacks as my first set.

But if you're happy with the Scrolls, then I totally get that - everyone has their own preference. If you ever want to move to a different feeling/sounding chip, but want to keep the price down, the Royals are fantastic. I prefer them to the Majestics not only for their size, but just their overall feel and look.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom