Dealing with extra slack in a case (1 Viewer)

Squakmix

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I have noticed that my Versa case has room for about 3 extra chips at the end of each column of chips, and there have been times when I've opened the case to find that my chips have fallen over and are resting slanted at an angle. This is tilting ( :p) for obvious reasons and I'm wondering what options there are for dealing with it.

For now I have settled on using some BR Pro 39mm blanks to take up the extra slack but I'm wondering what other options there are. I'd love to have each column completely filled with usable chips, but it seems potentially difficult to track down odd numbers of these chips (for example, who's selling just 6 Jack Cincy $2s?). Maybe there are 3d printed options. What do you all do to deal with this?

PXL_20211120_214829072.jpg

(Excuse the two types of HSI $1s, still waiting on a rack of secondaries to arrive)

I have a cheap 300-chip case, 6 rows of 50, that also holds an extra 3 chips in each row. I just fill them with higher rarely used denoms.

So for my 25¢/50¢ game, it could have 25¢x80, $1x120, $5x80, $25x20, and then I throw in $100x18 to make the chips fit snugly but not too tight. That also helps with the bank on a random night when we end up with more money on the table than usual. (Or if I really don’t think I need the $100 chips I just bring $25x38 instead.)

Thanks, that's a great idea. I have a barrel of HSI $100s that I could potentially use for this. I didn't even consider doing that before.

Thanks, that's a great idea. I have a barrel of HSI $100s that I could potentially use for this. I didn't even consider doing that before.
In actuality, I like the visual symmetry, and I had to buy the chips I use in rolls of 25. So rather than have them in multiples of 20-chip barrels as in my above example, for my 25¢/50¢ game I'm bringing all 100 of the 25¢ that I have, 150 125x$1, 100 50x$5, 25x$25, and I put the 3 $100 chips in the middle of each rows, separating the 50 chips/row in half:

1637530949339.png

At the end of the night, of course I count up all my chips, but when I'm putting them away I can see immediately if something's off by the way the chips look in the case.

Edit: Fixed the # of chips above. Can't math today apparently.

Last edited:
In actuality, I like the visual symmetry, and I had to buy the chips I use in rolls of 25. So rather than have them in multiples of 20-chip barrels as in my above example, I'm just bringing all 100 of the 25¢ that I have, 150x$1, 100x$5, 25x$25, and I put the 3 $100 chips in the middle of each rows, separating the 50 chips/row in half:

View attachment 814877

At the end of the night, of course I count up all my chips, but when I'm putting them away I can see immediately if something's off by the way the chips look in the case.
They look awesome and that seems like an easy way to keep track of everything. Thanks for the inspiration!

You have denominations in exactly numbers of 100? I recommend an extra few to a barrel of each anyway, in case a few go missing or get damaged over time. I always acquire an extra barrel for this purpose.
If you get a few extras of each, use them in the space.

For my group of friends, we play quite a few games where we use extra chips for declaring (e.g. hi/lo/sweep) and/or markers (e.g. legs for 357) so I'm always looking for a little extra space for those chips... :)

True, you could even glue 2 or 3 together.
Buying some now... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Glue isn’t a bad idea.
When I've had rows of 53, I've usually gone 20 - spacer - 20 - spacer - 10 - spacer. I know that kind of asymmetrical setup will trigger some people, but it’s pretty convenient when you can easily grab 20 out of a case.

I'm a huge fan... It feels rock solid and fits everything nicely. The handle is hefty and I trust it not to break as I'm carrying it and the locks and latches feel dependable. I'd highly recommend it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom