Dayglow CPC Colors and Their Recent Changes (1 Viewer)

JMC9389

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I can't be the only one that noticed this. It's been well documented that CPC has been putting out more vibrant DG Yellow chips the last year and some change compared to before. What I was surprised to notice lately though is that the DG Peach chips coming out are a lot more vibrant than before as well. To confirm this, I did some investigating.

Photos are to come below, but I compared my 2+ year old CPC color sample and compared the chip base colors in the sample to recent turn outs from the CPC factory. I'll let the photos below do the talking, but it basically confirmed that the DG Yellow and Peach chips are much, much more vibrant, with no real change in DG Arc Yellow chips. Has anyone else noticed any differences in the dayglow colors?

20210131_102542.jpg

DG Tiger vs DG Peach

20210131_102629.jpg

DG Peach Sample vs new chip

20210131_102726.jpg

DG Yellow new chip versus old sample

20210131_103241.jpg

Recent DG Peach Chips versus an older Key West DG Peach base chip

20210131_102949.jpg

Arc Yellow sample versus new arc yellow chip

Your sample set looks like my sample set (which is about 9 months old) ... so does that mean that my colors are going to come out of the factory much brighter?

I posted this almost 2 years ago... scroll down to the 2 colour samples for sale and you'll see most of the DG colours were brightened up. There was only a 6 month difference in time between when I ordered them from CPC.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/various-sample-sets-3-clays.41489/

I also took this pic when my customs arrived (almost 4 years ago) and you can see how much brighter DG Tiger and DG Arc Yellow came out versus my colour sample:

20210131_122424.jpg

Okay so it wasn't that I picked the wrong yellow by choosing dg yellow, it was that the color changed. No wonder my JB $500 look washed out.

Very interesting. This new and improved peach looks freaking awesome. This makes me reconsider my favorite bright color... used to be arc yellow.
Adjustments may have to be made...
199DE46B-BA52-4474-9AD8-D074A528F12E.png

Your sample set looks like my sample set (which is about 9 months old) ... so does that mean that my colors are going to come out of the factory much brighter?
It depends on which colors, I think. The DG Yellow and Peach especially look much brighter, and looking at @LinkyBabe 's post, looks like DG Tiger got a boost too. Was your sample directly from the factory?

Okay so it wasn't that I picked the wrong yellow by choosing dg yellow, it was that the color changed. No wonder my JB $500 look washed out.
Definitely not washed out. Just a much more vibrant yellow, I think. A few others have commented on how the DG Yellow especially is much more vibrant. Can anyone else attest (and share pr0n)?

I will post pics of my Club House $5 (~3 years old) with DG yellow spots and newly arrived Buzzard’s Roost $5 also with DG yellow spots for comparison later tonight.
That'd be awesome! The DG Peach spots on the $25 chip look awesomely vibrant too!

Alternative theory — the older dayglo chips may have faded.

When making my selections from the color sample sample set, I made offset stacks with my base colors on top and spot colors beneath and left them out to just look at & ponder.

The area where I left them was getting direct sunlight in the morning (through an old window that I’m sure didn’t have UV protection) and when I went to pick them up a couple days later, I noticed this.

Attachments

• 112F0EB8-B2D7-4D66-8B7E-5EA9FA64ED5E.jpeg
    112F0EB8-B2D7-4D66-8B7E-5EA9FA64ED5E.jpeg
    178.9 KB · Views: 135

When making my selections from the color sample sample set, I made offset stacks with my base colors on top and spot colors beneath and left them out to just look at & ponder.

The area where I left them was getting direct sunlight in the morning (through an old window that I’m sure didn’t have UV protection) and when I went to pick them up a couple days later, I noticed this.
Also a valid theory.

Interesting, I wonder if it's a case of very recent changes or just older color samples/fading. I know they juiced many of the dayglo colors about 4 years back when some supplies changed. I remember because when I placed an add-on order for my Black Sands set, I ended up ordering a good deal more quarters and fivers (DG pink / DG green) because the newer chips were sooo much brighter than in the past.

1612226092150.png
1612226104685.png

I bought a new color sample in mid 2018, and all the production chips I've gotten since (2019/2020) match those samples pretty well, including DG green, peach, yellow and peacock. The only one where I can see a very slight difference is arc yellow, the production chip is a hair brighter, but it's so slight you can hardly tell the difference in a photo (no where near the differences shown above):

20210201_194314.jpg

Damn faded that quickly? Just when I was about to pull the cpc trigger..
FWIW, dg pink, dg peacock, and blurple were also exposed in the same way, for the same duration during this unintentional test — Dayglo pink faded ever so slightly (nowhere near what happened to the dg tiger) but dg peacock and blurple did not exhibit any perceivable fading

Definitely not washed out. Just a much more vibrant yellow, I think. A few others have commented on how the DG Yellow especially is much more vibrant. Can anyone else attest (and share pr0n)?
I was looking for the deeper color of the one on the right of your sample comparison to differentiate more from the white $100 JB, now it is not that much of a contrast. Maybe I just need to put them in sunlight....???

After seeing these pics I went back and compared to older stuff. Kinda shocked how much brighter the DGs are. Also shocked at how much the light green has changed compared to the color of the Royal Cardrooms. Gotta say though, the DG Arc Yellow are bright!

Was your sample directly from the factory?
Not sure if you were asking me but yes mine was directly from CPC.

It's all relative... DG Yellow when looking at it all by itself or next to other CPC chips looks great. That is, until you place it next to GPI chips and that's where it starts to look "washed out":

20190204_144717.jpg

My custom chip on top with DG Yellow spots:

20190505_130920.jpg

Not sure if you were asking me but yes mine was directly from CPC.

It's all relative... DG Yellow when looking at it all by itself or next to other CPC chips looks great. That is, until you place it next to GPI chips and that's where it starts to look "washed out":

View attachment 627222

My custom chip on top with DG Yellow spots:

View attachment 627223
Was asking @BearMetal regarding his inquiry, but yeah, agreed. DG Yellow and the yellows that GPI offers are not even close. The DG Peach and Arc Yellow are much closer to their GPI counterparts than the yellows are. Apples and oranges.

It depends on which colors, I think. The DG Yellow and Peach especially look much brighter, and looking at @LinkyBabe 's post, looks like DG Tiger got a boost too. Was your sample directly from the factory?
Sorry, I didn't get a notification for any updates to this thread for some reason. No, my sample set came from a PCF member who had bought it about 6 months prior. He was giving it up after having his custom set abandoned.

DG yellow is actually a base color for one of my chips. Honestly, based on the samples, I was quite disappointed with the yellow offerings from CPC. They really weren't that yellow... They were more greenish or Guldens-ish.

So with that said, I guess it wouldn't be so bad if the chip turned out to be a bit brighter. But I don't know if it would fit as well in the set then.

Wuuuuut! Direct sunlight in the morning... For... 10 years? That's some transformation!

Makes me kind of happy that I'm going to be keeping my chips in cages, underground, in a basement, with the lights off.

Damn faded that quickly? Just when I was about to pull the cpc trigger..
Unless you're keeping your chips next to an open window I wouldn't worry too much. I keep sample sets of my custom chips on display at all times (not next to an open window) and they look just as good as the ones I keep in a cupboard. So go ahead and pull the trigger!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom