Dark Reader - customizable dark mode for websites (1 Viewer)

buffalojim

Royal Flush
Reaction score
If you're like me and hate any kind of light or bright background on websites you visit, be it on your PC or phone, I just started using this add-on/extension called Dark Reader for Firefox on my PC and Pixel 2 Android phone. I know they have it for Chrome as well but Chrome browser on Android is stupid as you can't install extensions, like uBlock Origin and such. Just thought I'd pass this along as there is nothing more annoying than going to a website, only to be blinded by it's bright white, ultra annoying background. For example, eBay.

Can even use it to darken this website, which I much prefer.
Screenshot 2022-01-30 141900.jpg

Pixel 2? Dude maybe it's time to upgrade the phone. My Red Magic 6S Pro let's me set a dark theme to everything, all through the OS instead of needing extensions.

Pixel 2? Dude maybe it's time to upgrade the phone. My Red Magic 6S Pro let's me set a dark theme to everything, all through the OS instead of needing extensions.
The Pixel 2 is a great phone. I cracked it open, replaced the battery, works like new and it has a proper fingerprint sensor on the back of the phone. Why they keep changing shit that works fine I will never understand.

If your phone has that feature then great, mine does not and I like stock Android. I'll never go back to any other form of it.

If you're like me and hate any kind of light or bright background on websites you visit, be it on your PC or phone, I just started using this add-on/extension called Dark Reader for Firefox on my PC and Pixel 2 Android phone. I know they have it for Chrome as well but Chrome browser on Android is stupid as you can't install extensions, like uBlock Origin and such. Just thought I'd pass this along as there is nothing more annoying than going to a website, only to be blinded by it's bright white, ultra annoying background. For example, eBay.
I started getting headaches every day, I found it was due to my IDE which was SSMS, its the interface for SQL Server, and I found coding for hours staring at a bright white scree caused it. Its more than just a preference for me. Its why I dived into ergonomics, which you can see my keyboard in thread, and I use backlighting, and adjustable desk and the embody chair from Herman miller, and blue light glasses.

I started getting headaches every day, I found it was due to my IDE which was SSMS, its the interface for SQL Server, and I found coding for hours staring at a bright white scree caused it. Its more than just a preference for me. Its why I dived into ergonomics, which you can see my keyboard in thread, and I use backlighting, and adjustable desk and the embody chair from Herman miller, and blue light glasses.
I totally get it. It is more of a preference to me as I'm not at my home PC doing work like you are but it just amazes me how people don't seem to mind excruciatingly bright screens and backrounds. My girl and I will be watching TV in a dark room, she'll check her phone and the entire room and her face light up. I mean, that's not good, can't be good for your eyes, sleep, etc... I can't deal with it. Maybe I'm just more light sensitive but I went to dark mode everything as soon as I could. What's nice about this add-on is it is for all websites, not just specifically for this forum, which would also be nice. It can also be adjusted on a per site basis. So yeah, I'm a fan :)

This is perfect, thank you!! The prior Chrome extension I was using was terrible and the photo's were often inversed and looked bizarre. This one seems to work much better

I am glad some are finally seeing that this is useful. When I first posted it was crickets. I have that effect on threads though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom